PDA

View Full Version : dehandled doors help!

tom_beverley
22-01-04, 07:58 PM
Ive bought some dehandled doors but im stuck on how im goin to open them lol! :oops:

What can i use to pop the doors open (boot pop solenoid?) and obviously i will have to operate it by remote to pop the drivers door open. What can i wire the solenoid to so i can open it by remote? Im lost on how to do this so can any1 help???

tom

epo
22-01-04, 09:23 PM
u cud always do what tvr's have and put a button under each wing mirror 2 operate ur door

novashed
22-01-04, 11:04 PM
thats what ive got. you need a solenoid strong enough to popem, try bidboystoys, they sell em or PVD!. got hold of some nice tamperproof push swithes from maplin, wire them straight to the battery, fused oif course. by doing this you dont ned a remote to pop the doors as when the central locking is activated the doors cannot be opened anyway

Ste_Nova
23-01-04, 11:46 AM
then i walk up to your car and push the button and the alarm goes off :lol: or i glue both buttons in the down postiton and burn out your motors :twisted:

djp_y2k
23-01-04, 11:55 AM
then i walk up to your car and push the button and the alarm goes off or i glue both buttons in the down postiton and burn out your motors

Well you could do that. WHy would the alarm go off by the way. Mine doesnt.

novashed
23-01-04, 12:01 PM
the alarm may go off, at least youd know someone other than you was trying to get in ya motor!!!!

Ste_Nova
23-01-04, 12:24 PM
then i walk up to your car and push the button and the alarm goes off or i glue both buttons in the down postiton and burn out your motors

Well you could do that. WHy would the alarm go off by the way. Mine doesnt.

voltage drop

Ste_Nova
23-01-04, 12:27 PM
the alarm may go off, at least youd know someone other than you was trying to get in ya motor!!!!

http://staff.harrisonburg.k12.va.us/~mwampole/1-resources/simple-machines/lego-brick.JPG

dikharvey
23-01-04, 12:35 PM

http://staff.harrisonburg.k12.va.us/~mwampole/1-resources/simple-machines/lego-brick.JPG

I lego brick? What?

Ste_Nova
23-01-04, 12:45 PM
http://www.ananova.com/images/web/68712.jpg

dikharvey
23-01-04, 01:18 PM
posting radom pics?

Bilbo ballbaggins
23-01-04, 02:14 PM
if you put a brick or spade through the window would the alarm sound?...think thats wot he's tryin to say. ie. you can open your doors and the alarm doesn't sound so i could put a brick through the window and it wouldnt sound...or something lol

Alex
23-01-04, 02:20 PM
i have boot release solenoids in my doors with waterproof buttons under the wing mirrors. Ste is right, the alarm does go off if you press the button and the doors are locked and the alarm is on.
Not too big a problem with my car as my remote beeps when the alarm goes off so i know if someone is pissing around with my car.
You can also link the door upto your alarm's boot pop feature to open your door, instead of the boot.

If you do use the de-handled doors, youll have fun opening them if they freeze up as there is nothing much to grab hold of :lol: