PDA

View Full Version : best place to get carbs jets in london/kent/south england

johnnynova
22-01-04, 01:13 PM
i need a 1.4 jest for my pierburg, its a 1.3 one at the moment (2e) ive put ak&n on it, acceleration is better but top end is shite! 90-95mph max!
in 5th gear it dont pull, proper shite! the bit of paper that came with the k&n says increase the secondary main jet. i wana do this and increase the primary jet. at idle my CO is between 0.7-0.85 so its running quite lean and could do with a little more fuel!!!

if any1 has had experience with this or has advice let me know!!!

i tries southern carburettors in wimbledon but the said pierburg dont make them anymore so wats my best bet???

cheers

john

dikharvey
22-01-04, 01:24 PM
novas never pull in 5th, all top top speeds quoted are achived in 4th

rgv_stu
22-01-04, 03:39 PM
my sr pulls in 5th no probs but it is a c/r box

dikharvey
22-01-04, 03:49 PM
your 5th is the same as everyone elses 4th because it's cr.

Snowface
22-01-04, 06:37 PM
my tuned 1.3 pulls in fith nicley when on M/way, going from 85-95 is fairly sweet. from middle lane get in behind a beemer doing 100+ in the fast lane and away u go. I must say though i rarely go to 100mph cause its stupid, especiall whith standard brakes. I'm sure its capable of more though.

Its got an F10wr box.

kennygtt
23-01-04, 12:04 AM
If you want to have a bigger secondary jet mate rather than by a new one just drill out the one you have exactly the same as what will have been done to a jet you will buy exept free and it aint difficult at all. Im not sure how the carb setup is on a nova but on my 5turbo i can reduce the size of the air jet thus giving less air so it will be getting a richer mix but better economy than a bigger fuel jet.