PDA

View Full Version : BODY KIT STAY OR GO

a2lt16v
22-01-04, 12:24 PM
MY CAR IS SLOWLY TURNING INTO A 2L 16V. ITS GOT BODYKIT ON AT MOMENT BUT I HAVE THIS ON GOING THOUGHT IN THE BACK OF MY HEAD OF GETTING RID OF KIT AND WHEELS AND JUST PUTTING GSI KIT ON WITH 16'S. DUNNO IF THE COLORS ARE GONNA WORK WITH IT THO. I THINK I PREFER THE CLEAN TIDY STANDARD LOOK. SUBTLE. I GOT EXCITED ABOUT THE KIT UNTILL I FOUND OUT WHAT A PAIN IN THE ASS THRY ARE TO DRIVE. WAT DO U LOT THINK

jkhilton
22-01-04, 12:34 PM
I really like the look of your car, I don think the colours would suit a standard gsi though.

nova m@rk
22-01-04, 12:37 PM
nah mate keep the bodykit
i know im probably gunna get ranted at for this but
i think that too many people are going for the clean a tidy look
even thow im going that way my self your car is nicely modded
not OTT like the kingdom or bad boys kit & at the end of the day
your car is unique and aint that what moding's about......

a2lt16v
22-01-04, 12:49 PM
I ALSO HAVE A THING ABOU THE EURO LOOK. I HAVE SOLD MY CHEVETTE AND BOUGHT A MINI I PARK IT BESIDE MY NOVA AND THE WHEELS ARE ASKING TO BE SWAPPED IF ONLY THE STUD PATTERN WAS THE SAME. a NOVA WITH 12 INCH REVELUTIONS ON IT
AND A MINI WITH 17'S ON IT

LAST ONE IS A BIT UNLIKELY BUT I COULD MAKE THEM FIT :twisted:

NovaNeil
22-01-04, 12:58 PM
Defo keep the kit!!!! and do that Badboy bonnet!!! It suits your car so well!

dan_mk1
22-01-04, 01:07 PM
the colour scheme wouldnt suit a gsi kit, keep it as it is

a2lt16v
22-01-04, 02:02 PM
at least agree the back bumper has to go unless anyone wants to buy it suggest a price

TWAG
22-01-04, 05:45 PM
Keep it mate, the whole car works. Although alot of people are against big body kits, yours looks real good and is unique.

JoAnNe SrI
22-01-04, 05:56 PM
i must admitt i am not a hugh fan of body kits but your car does look mint with the kit on :)

djp_y2k
22-01-04, 06:06 PM
I say keep it as it is. And the back bumper. Your car is realy nice, would be a shame to rip it to bits.

krobinson
22-01-04, 06:28 PM
Get rid of the rear bumper. apart from that its nice and it works.

Keith

NovaNeil
22-01-04, 07:16 PM
what happed to the mad twin exhausts you where going to have out off the rear bumper each side...?

scott.parker
22-01-04, 07:22 PM
hu not just me that's had this voice in my head then? :lol: weel i was thinking of doing the same but,im going to finish it first then see what i think....but as for yours dam you must be mad keep it as it is and like Neil said do that badboy bonnet it looked smart! :D

dave.gsi
22-01-04, 11:30 PM
new rear bumper and lights to finish a smart looking car :wink:

although i think it may also work with a standard gsi kit too :?

XZiBiT
23-01-04, 06:25 AM
keep it dude it looks sweet :D :D :D

Dare-devil
23-01-04, 07:46 AM
Keep the kit on m8, cos it looks cool.

But get some clear rears and get that BadBoy bonnet done. :wink:

a2lt16v
23-01-04, 08:30 AM
im not forking out 500 for exhausts as im not happy with that bumper and once i have bought them im stuck wiv them. which will not be good :(

Barn
23-01-04, 11:20 AM
sling the rear bumper...but the rest of the car looks ok from what i can see in your sig.

don't think the colour(s) would suit the standard look either...

all the best

?Marty?
23-01-04, 09:16 PM
On the contrary, i think the colours WOULD suit a standard (smoothed) Gsi look.

I would only not do it as it'd be a waste of the money you already spent. I also have gone the big kit way, and even tho it doesn't look like it's been stuck on with velcro, if my car gets vandalised/rusts/is fucked up, i will probably ditch the kit and fit standard gsi stuff before i re-spary it. But only if i keep it. Otherwise, i'll keep the kit as it would sell easier. People read MxP and want to follow the trends and etc.

Barn
24-01-04, 10:25 PM
On the contrary, i think the colours WOULD suit a standard (smoothed) Gsi look.
if we talking smooth then maybe it would...that aint really standard tho IMO.

tbh its hard to 'guess' isn't it

HEVY-nova
25-01-04, 02:18 AM
keep the kit mate, your car has a good orginal vibe, putting a gsi kit on it would make it look lik every other gsi around. maybe change rear bumper though

andyrs1800
25-01-04, 11:24 AM
Tidy nova's are the only way... Kill all aftermarket bodykits...