PDA

View Full Version : 1.2 to 1.6 conversion, ECU HELP

banny2k
22-01-04, 11:21 AM
Im convertin my engine to a 1.6 GTE. Pretty much got all the parts i need i just need to put it together etc blah blah. Im having a problem with the ECU. On this engine there are two scart leads thingys. One really close to the engine which is a small one and another that has some length of wire to it which is bigger than the other. Ive looked at the ECU in my 1.2 and there are little plugs on the ECU and not sure if they will fit on the new ECU and if they do how the hell do i connect where the wires run off too to the engine/those scart things .....

Any help appreciatted

Dicko
22-01-04, 11:37 AM
you need the engine loom for the gsi as well. then you just need to connect in a few of the wires, probly using a soldering iron or junction block

banny2k
22-01-04, 12:04 PM
So what do i do with the scart looking thing? how or where does that connect then? is the gsi wiring loom the same as the gte wiring loom? Is it easy to tell which wires go together, meaning are the colours the same etc? All the wires are connected to the engine too its just gettin them connected to the dam ECU correctly.

Thanks

DARKFORCE_76
22-01-04, 10:26 PM
If you have got the GTE loom then one of the big scart like plugs goes to the airflow meter and the other one should fit into the ECU then there are a few wires left for the fuel pump, tacho and a black one for the injection system. :D