PDA

View Full Version : The PNG MAG

Anonymous
06-04-01, 07:49 PM
whats peeps genral views on the png mag?
do u think its shit?
do u think its ok?

i personaly think its crap

i joined the nova group not the corsa group or astra group

now i have spoken to a lot ov peeps in the chat rooms and they same the same,
i dont hate corsas and astras ( i may even get one one day?) but at the moment the mag is crap.
now i emaild these views to the bloke who runs the website (which is crap as well, i mean its never updated and the old version was never updated as far as i know)

i told him my views and that a few peeps in our region felt the same. i asked for sum feedback and what did i get?

my regional cord "trying" to give me a ear full.

now im just wanderding what most peeps think ov the mag.

coz at the moment im paying a anual fee for fack all (corsa mag and privalige to meet up everymonth in pub for a pint?)

let me know peeps

i relise the club cant work miriacles but hey
like i siad "i joined the nova group not the corsa/astra group"

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
06-04-01, 08:07 PM
I would agree with you to a certain extent. The Mag used to be just PNG news which was kool. But then they formed the PCG and the Corsa's had their own magazine for a while (PCG news). But because the corsa's are not as popular and the club is nowhere as near as big as the PNG they now have to share the magazine.
The astras have their own mag i think...(not sure??)
I would prefer it if it was just Nova's as i have a Nova and as Micky said-we joined the Performance Nova Group, not the Performance Corsa or Astra group.
I don't hate the other models- i just think that the magazines should be seperate.

Anonymous
06-04-01, 08:53 PM
I 100% agree, i got my first mag today (just joined) and i was v. disappointed. Just hope the discounts are worth the membership.

B-) When you become a Taxi driver, is it compulsary to have a lobotomy?

[pug_dog]

Anonymous
06-04-01, 08:55 PM
I agree when it comes to the website. It's never up-dated and doesn't seem that helpful. Thing is, these guys do all the PNG stuff in their own time. They rely on sponsers and if they have a poor month, then obviously its not going to be a brilliant mag. If we all stick together and help out the PNG then it can only get better :)
Jim.

"Beware of the voices"

Anonymous
06-04-01, 09:40 PM
i agree micky, its not our fault the corsas havent got enough stuff in their mag, i mean its only so often they can show a pic of a combat corsa lmao!

X-( I'm mean and i don't care :D

Ian@novaload.net

Anonymous
07-04-01, 03:09 PM
i joined the group bout 6-7 months ago and i thought the first edition i got was good, the second went a bit downhill and the latest one well...... i have to agree wi micky!!!!

Later

:) mmmmm same shit different Day :)

Anonymous
07-04-01, 03:42 PM
ive been a menber for 2 years and at first the mag was very good but sinse the corsa group formed the mag has gone down the pan and the only reasons for renewing my membership is the lack of a vauxhall only mag and the annual png meet at billing is a good weekend.

Anonymous
07-04-01, 04:29 PM
this is my point the latest mag is rubbish and if nobody says anything then nothing will be done about it.

about the comment that these guys do it in there own time, yeah this is true but come on there supposed to be chairman etc etc

you either do it or not

in my email i asked for sum kind ov feedback from them as to my views

what i didnt ask for waas them to brush it under the carpet and dump it on my regional cordanator

how crappy is that?

i cant belive nobody has complained to them before but then again the way they have been "upset" as my region cord says i suppose anything is possible

"ermm yeah contact us if u want to lick our feet but dont bother with sum constructive critisum as we dont want to know"

shame really

Anonymous
07-04-01, 07:03 PM
I agree over that contact i=us to lick our feet bit mate,mags love appraisal but hate positive critism,the big car mags are like that too,Fast Car had been goin downhill,along with Max Power,theres too many girlies in it,if I wanted girlies,Id get fiesta

Anonymous
07-04-01, 08:27 PM
i was ganna join soon, but after reading this i think ill pass.
what some one needs to do is a mag, like all the feckin mini ones u get.
just novas, with proper guides, tips and stuff like that, with pics from shows, and cruises, but only pics of novas, as u say its p"NOVA"g

Anonymous
07-04-01, 09:40 PM
Has anyone ever thought of prehaps some sort of colabiration? I'm sure i'm not along in thinking Novaload is the only nova place on the internet visiting more than once and it really the sort of thing PNG should have, I know that all the people on the forum know everything about novas that there is to know adn we've all obviuosly got far to much time on our hands and would be willing to to write something for the PNG mag, cos I also think it's sh1te, and going down hill recently with bugger all interesting things in it apart from piccys of some blokes slightly modified car and 6 page show reports that don't show anything new - come on boys give us suggestions and we'll sort it out!

Anonymous
08-04-01, 03:01 PM
mags are out novaload is in... simple

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---
--- Phone/SMS Support 24hrs ---
--- Workshop services 6pm - 11pm Mon - Fri, 9am - 11pm Sat/Sun ---
--- 16v engine fitting advice ---

Anonymous
08-04-01, 11:11 PM
I have to agree with the fact that the latest mag was a load of gob5hite (I appreciate the fact that they do it in their apare time etc etc), but it was really lacking - apart from the feature on the awesome looking Corsa Rally car!

Now I am a little confused as to the money aspect of the PNG, because I have read in previous issues that they dont make any money blah blah BUT isn't the PNG part of the Performance Car Clubs UK? Dont they do insurance etc etc...surely someone *is* making some money somewhere..?

The PNG website needs some serious time being injected into it...it should play a big part of the whole group - at the minute it is totally inadequate - I mean I am no HTML/scripting guru but I am training as a Software Engineer so I am sure that picking it up wouldn't be a problem (heheh easily said!!) so if they'res anyone from the PNG team that come here..let mme know if you need a hand ;))

Of course there can only be so many Vauxhall Nova sites though....can't there?

Of course thats all IMHO!!

Ben.

Anonymous
09-04-01, 09:19 AM
Has anyone forwarded these comments to the P.N.G??? Maybe we should and then we might get some sort of feedback. If we don't hear anything then boll0x to them. Like Ste said, mags are out, websites are in.

"Beware of the voices"

Anonymous
09-04-01, 05:31 PM
I agree the mag is a bit poor, but it must be hard to fill it without any input from members. Have you ever sent any stuff in for them? Send in some of those guides, or a rolling road day report, I,ve just sent the camber adjustment guide. A merge between Novaload and PNG would be good.

"Theres something missing, I'm not all there, Theres something missing".

Anonymous
09-04-01, 06:03 PM
thing is i darent send anymore grief there way as there a big bunch ov puffs who cant take it!
lmao