PDA

View Full Version : why do people talk ..........

Riggy
21-01-04, 12:11 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2454906427&category=32094

muppets :D

XZiBiT
21-01-04, 05:06 PM
i saw that muppets is the word

Ben3042
21-01-04, 05:58 PM
Lmfao :lol: , i thought them so called superchip things people are all selling on ebay for about ?3 are a load of bollocks, but i've heard it all now !!

AnThoNYnOvA
21-01-04, 06:13 PM
has anyone bought them "super chips" to see what they look like for a laugh?

nova m@rk
21-01-04, 06:38 PM
err tey come in a box then u put them in the microwave for 3mins
hey presto
super chips add salt and vineger for a extra 6 bhp

RJM25R
21-01-04, 06:43 PM
"?3 SUPERCHIP"

IT'S JUST A BALLAST RESISTOR/TRANSISTOR THAT U USE IN YOUR IGNITION CIRCUIT. IT MAY WORK AND GIVE YOU A BETTER SPARK FROM YOUR PLUGS. THE THEORY IS CORRECT BUT IT'S THE SAME AS USING GOOD PLUGS TO START WITH, IE VERY VERY LITTLE CHANCE OF ANYTHING NOTICEABLE...

PS I AM BSc ELECTRONICS AND ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING SO I KNOW WHAT I'M ON ABOUT. YOU'D BE BETTER OFF BUYING A MAGIC TREE. THAT WON'T GIVE YOU ANY BHP BUT IT'LL SMELL NICER THAN THE ?3 BULLSHIT CHIP!!

Stuart
21-01-04, 06:58 PM
*cough*BEng Automotive Electronics Engineering (hons)*cough*

anyway

hmm im gonna re earth my car so i get 3000454347358975938456bhp lol, also a big steak in the ground made of copper should sort the signals out too ;)

i have to say, if you have an amp that kit is good value for a wiring kit lol

djp_y2k
21-01-04, 08:00 PM
a guy I know bought one of the chip things to see what they were. Fitted it and made know difference.

What a surprise :!: :lol: :lol:

epo
21-01-04, 08:09 PM
?30 tho for a gold coloured strap and battery terminal :lol: :lol:
and tyraps

i take it the resistor sellers gone a bit more upmarket they were a joke 2

RJM25R
21-01-04, 08:29 PM
Cambridge,

We are not worthy! Where'd you study????? Oxford?

:D

a2lt16v
22-01-04, 12:58 PM
THOSE BALLEST RESISTORS SIT IN THE AIR FLOW METER AND FOOL THE ECU INTO THINKING ITS COLD AND STRUGGLING UP A HILL SO IT ADVANCES THE TIMEING ADN DOES SOMETHING WITH FUEL. 4BHP WE GOT OUT MY MATE GTE ON THE ROLLERS BUT WERE TOLD IT WONT DO IT MUCH GOOD

dikharvey
22-01-04, 01:27 PM
THOSE BALLEST RESISTORS SIT IN THE AIR FLOW METER AND FOOL THE ECU INTO THINKING ITS COLD AND STRUGGLING UP A HILL SO IT ADVANCES THE TIMEING ADN DOES SOMETHING WITH FUEL. 4BHP WE GOT OUT MY MATE GTE ON THE ROLLERS BUT WERE TOLD IT WONT DO IT MUCH GOOD

You actulay got an increase? Wow, definatly no good for the engine though.

johnnynova
22-01-04, 01:46 PM
back to the super chips on sale for ?10 on ebay. some of them are fine. i know about copying chips, my mate does loads for playstation and xbox

if the seller has purchased an original superchip from a proper company for ?200 or however much they are, and if he has the appropriate chip reader and software to go with it there is nothing stopping him copying it as many times as he wants. and before you say it aint gonna be as good as the original your wrong. its a digital copy, made up of 0's and 1's so it will be identical (inside and code) to the original.

but there are alot of people who are selling doddgy ones but there are geniune cases. and you can download the code from some sites.

a2lt16v
22-01-04, 02:01 PM
it was about 3.6bhp to be precise. it did work but becasue its constanly advancing and running richer its not good for engine would be like making an engine go up hill all the time but not actually up hill as its revving to hard. i bought some just to see what they were