PDA

View Full Version : pugs v's novas

ken
20-01-04, 03:42 PM
i already own a quick 1.6 gti with cam,filter,manifold, system and boost valve not major spec but fast and as much as i love novas its a much better drive and the handling is unreal with wheel lift off. But i have brought a 1.9 gti with s/s system chip, cam and boost valve and it blows my 1.6 away. my point being it is flimsy and they do have a few rattles but they are quicker obviously the 1.9 but 1.6's are too but you rarely see them and if you do they are old dogs not looked after too well but you can pick them up cheap and after owning so many novas . The pug 205 gti is definatly a better drivers car compared to the nova........
what do you people think have many of you raced them?

http://www.novaload.net/features/viewfeature.php?ref=1271

Ste_Nova
20-01-04, 03:44 PM
i have... i dislike the twitchy handleing.. and my 2.0 16v blows away mi16 ones.... ask ian about the time we were in york and the guy stripped his 205 and i offerd to take his passenger seat down the 1/4 :lol:

nova m@rk
20-01-04, 03:48 PM
me and my mate blew a 1.6GTi in his GTE the other day not puttin them down cuz i really ilke 205s jus like novas better thow....

Beano
20-01-04, 06:17 PM
I've ragged the crap outta a 205 GTi, i'm not 100% what mods it had, but my brothers 1.8T40 nova was a lot quicker. I like them though, shame they're french. :roll:

-Bruce-
20-01-04, 06:39 PM
i had a 1.6gti did not like it 1 bit compaired to the nova!! it had this realy shite gear shift and i dont think the handleing was very good bt the lift off over steer was fun!! and the dash inside had a tendancy to fall apart in my hands lol. electrics were shit also, maybe all of this was because it was a french man that built it!! my 1.4srt40 would have it tho!!

i would never buy a 1.6 again but a mi16 maybe!!

Jules
20-01-04, 07:01 PM
ask ian about the time we were in york and the guy stripped his 205 and i offered to take his passenger seat down the 1/4 :lol:

Quality!!!
:lol:

Jim
20-01-04, 08:22 PM
I raced a 205 1.6 Gti at santa pod last March. Granted, my car is modded, but we were both running 1.6 engines. I was over 2 seconds quicker than him. There may have been a number of reasons why he wasn't quicker than that, but it was both our first times at santa pod. I like the 205, but to come on here and brag about the pug over the nova might not be the brightest of ideas :|

Jim

RJM25R
20-01-04, 09:05 PM
I think that in standard form, the gti is a better car, and i have owned a 1.6 pug and a nova gsi.

BUT when modded, the french did what all the french do. It SURRENDERED spitting it's gut's out.

Whereas the nova did what the Germans (Who designed it) did..............
It marched on and invaded Poland................

Err no sorrry.... it carried on... and on.... and on..........
and it still lives on in grimsby and i email the lad who owns it now. It is nearly 12 years old and the 9 years i had it it got ragged every fucking day.
My old pug is now probably a bean can.

Standard, peugeot won the day. Handling, fun, quick, yes....
Modified?????????????

NOVA RULES!
:wink:

dan_mk1
21-01-04, 02:08 AM
Standard, peugeot won the day. Handling, fun, quick, yes....
Modified?????????????

NOVA RULES!
:wink:

i think that somes it up perfectly! :D

XZiBiT
21-01-04, 06:17 AM
i have to agree my mates got a 1.9gti and my 1.8igte nova pissses all over it nice cars tho (from what i could see in my rear veiw) :D

RJM25R
21-01-04, 08:18 AM
EXACTLY XZibit!

If your nova WASN@T a 1.8, the peugeot is a better drivers car (but bit's fall off!)

Further to the "french surrender" jokes, what about this??????

Seen on EBAY,

"For Sale. 10,000 French World War 2 Rifles complete with straps, ammo and bayonets. Unused, in very good condition............

Dropped once!!!!!!!"

:twisted:

-Bruce-
21-01-04, 10:11 AM
i have always thought that the 205 gti was a nice motor till i drove 1!!!

NOVA the 1 and only!!!

NovaNeil
21-01-04, 12:35 PM
I've owned 5 Novas and 1 205 1.6 GTi. And I can quite honestly say the Pug was crap!!! I hated it! It was slow, crapply built and felt wrong! It was an old one but still.... Most of my Nova's were old.....

tetley
21-01-04, 01:01 PM
(Before i start its me tetley, who had a nova and whos got a pug 106 GTI not, my mate Tony whos buggered off back to UNI. Sorry if people are confused)

I loved my nova as ive mentioned before, but the Pug is defo better. So much more smoother and the handling is great.

the 1.6 GTi 205 is still a quick car, and wud prob be equal to a GSI nova in terms of performance

ken
21-01-04, 01:15 PM
i still think the pug is a better motor....but im amazed at the response you guys and girls have made normally if it aint a nova you slag it off , but you have made some pretty fair comments both negative which i do agree with some i.e twitchy handling, have'nt had any electrical probs with my 1.6 and i've had t since march and yet there were many positive comments.

but im not sure if i made the right choice going french again as i did plan to go german with a mark 2 golf gti 16 valve what do you think

ken
21-01-04, 01:37 PM
i still think the pug is a better motor....but im amazed at the response you guys and girls have made normally if it aint a nova you slag it off , but you have made some pretty fair comments both negative which i do agree with some i.e twitchy handling, have'nt had any electrical probs with my 1.6 and i've had t since march and yet there were many positive comments.

but im not sure if i made the right choice going french again as i did plan to go german with a mark 2 golf gti 16 valve what do you think

NovaNeil
21-01-04, 01:42 PM
Now thats a cool car 8) ! I've always wanted one!!!! Might get one in the future.......

Drop the 1.8 20v Turbo lump in it and they go like stink!!! :twisted:

Ben3042
21-01-04, 06:18 PM
My mates got a 205 mi16 (you know the one Ken), thats pretty rapid even with no backbox and a blowing manifold :lol: , ecosse quoted him about ?300 for a manifold :o

Are the c20 xe's quicker than the mi16's does anyone know?

RJM25R
21-01-04, 06:48 PM
i DRIVEN A mi 16 AND IT DIDN'T FEEL AS QUICK AS A NOVA, BUT I KNEW MY LIMIT IN MY OWN CAR, THE PUG WAS TWITCHY (AS MENTIONED EARLIER) BUT I THINK THEY'D BE PRETTY EVEN MATCHED....

IF YOU BUY A GOLF, MAKE SURE IT DOESN'T INVADE POLAND!!! :lol:

Breeny
21-01-04, 06:57 PM
Best of both worlds... well maybe anyway!

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/high-tech/image/205-c20let/Resize%20of%20P1010132h.jpg

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/high-tech/image/205-c20let/Resize%20of%20P1010102h.jpg

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/high-tech/image/205-c20let/Resize%20of%20P1010131h.jpg

scott.parker
21-01-04, 09:13 PM
sweet is that real?? if so got any spec?
:D

Snowface
21-01-04, 09:44 PM
I raced a 205 1.6 Gti at santa pod last March. Granted, my car is modded, but we were both running 1.6 engines. I was over 2 seconds quicker than him. There may have been a number of reasons why he wasn't quicker than that, but it was both our first times at santa pod. I like the 205, but to come on here and brag about the pug over the nova might not be the brightest of ideas :|

Jim

its true i saw the sweet vid.