PDA

View Full Version : My Nova STOLEN!! Plz help!!

nova2lturbs
20-01-04, 02:13 PM
Hi everyone,

I am new to novaload today. i have just had my nova stolen last night from a bodyshop in Nuneaton, Warwickshire. The twossers who stole it knocked down a brick wall to get it!! + it was alarmed. i guessed u ppl might be the best to tell considering u are the BIGGEST nova community. If anyone is offered any of the parts listed below can u please contact me on cruise.master@ntlworld.com, thanks.

The Nova was a total one-off 2l 8v turbo. ill post some pics below from a redline feature it once had. If anyone knows anything about this could you please let me know cause im well gutted.

BRAND NEW 2l 8V Reworked Engine from Cav SR130, (contact me for engine number or other details)
T3 garrett turbo,
blitz dump value,
big head,
one-off intercooler, SAD motorsport markings on some engine stuff.
custom made twin exit exhaust with 3" rolled out pipes.
Anyone is offered a total seam welded shell, sprayed in pearl green?
rs style front bumper with intercooler cut out,
one off ibiza style rear bumper with mesh cutout.
Bad boy bonnet with metro and uno metal grilled welded in.

i doubt ill see it again but i have put alot of money and time into this car and now all gone. if any1 can help me out plz do.

Thanks Chris (pics below)

http://uk.msnusers.com/_Secure/0QQDzAj0Th22KBM8BRf7IXsL4wq*UQERp*IPqE8euBGFdz1Gs8 ahzLDjkvosQyh7HzNLR6mVOMQ3igDDtU2Ph6L!q0GDmN3u8Ypb lp!JKJS0/2d_3.jpg?dc=4675456353598327915

http://uk.msnusers.com/_Secure/0QQAAAD0TuW33k7n2UOtyMgs*vxKyorDZ72qHkjRo2AuT6Uwq6 Dr4mnB7OZ4WIG9SbohjzSJ6Rto*42p3W8H*ns7pnSReOU1d8TL E10j5a6M/d2_3.jpg?dc=4675456353610958300

krobinson
20-01-04, 03:23 PM
Mate, i'm absolutely gutted for ya, Looks like you've spent an absolute fortune there!

I really hope it turns up in one piece!

Keith

jkhilton
20-01-04, 03:48 PM
Really gutted for you mate, I remember seeing that one in the magazine.

Hope it turns up unharmed!!!!!!!

John

Ste_Nova
20-01-04, 03:49 PM
was the car drivable?

if it wasn't then it has been trucked away... that means they are pros... so you won't get it back.. and even if you could find it would you want to mess with the peeps who took it... cause chances are they know where you live

Nath
20-01-04, 04:12 PM
gutted m8 i feel sorry for u!

dan_mk1
20-01-04, 04:45 PM
wasnt that for sale on ebay a few months back??
im sure i remember that intercooler

Nath
20-01-04, 05:10 PM
yeah i thought that i remember it being advertised on here aswell

Dare-devil
20-01-04, 06:20 PM
Gutted for you m8.!!

That is/was an very very sweet looking Nova. 8)

Hope you get it back in 1 piece.

Barn
20-01-04, 06:20 PM
u poor bastard!

what bodyshop was it??

did you had an agreed value for it insurance-wise?

all the best

nova2lturbs
20-01-04, 06:44 PM
yep had an agreed value thank god, but nuthin like id spent on it!!

bodyshop was in NUNEATON, WARWICKSHIRE. was not driveable yet!!!
I guess its the bodyshop insurance that will cover it?? anyone know??

did buy it off ebay back in oct 2003, then had the engine reworked, should have been running 250bhp min. Just at bodyshop having some minor work done, then well ...........................

thanks for all the pm's and reply's guys.

chris.

-Bruce-
20-01-04, 07:52 PM
im gutted 4 u mate!!

General Baxter
20-01-04, 08:14 PM
ill keep a look around tamworth 4 you m8

Mel
20-01-04, 08:17 PM
wow..im sorry to hear that.. looks like an absolutely MINT nova..

will keep an eye out for you

karl Rowntree
20-01-04, 08:18 PM
Mate, as said before by everyone else but feeling really gutted for you. I would hate to be in the position you are.

Sounds like they had there eye on it for a while if they went to alot of trouble to get, and like ste said they will probably be nasty people. Though there are ways of dealing with people like that.

At a guess alot of the parts are one off's so it will be difficullt for them to sell parts on.

I live not far from nuneaton, and know quite a few people round there that can keep an eye open for any parts.

Hope you get it back in one piece mate.

RJM25R
20-01-04, 08:58 PM
Hope you had the job booked in at the bodyshop mate or you couls have a problem with your claim.
My uncle was a manager of a bodyshop and his sons (my cousin's) MR2 was in having some work done "off the book" (a foreigner as they used to call it) and the bodyshop had a fire. His was one of 6 cars written off.

He got fuck all back because it wasn't booked in as an official job and the insurers told him to fuck off. He was fully comp but he hadn't told his insurers it wasn't at his home address so they told him to get stuffed too!

It was quite a famous thing near where I live cos the owners both went to jail cos it was done on purpose!

It was called Panelwork in Rochdale (near dale mill for anyone local who wondered where it was!)

Good luck!

dave.gsi
20-01-04, 11:18 PM
ifs its stolen by pros rather than kids, youd be better off never seeing the car again. these people dont fuck around and as ste says probably know where you live

a2lt16v
21-01-04, 08:39 AM
what was the guy you bought it off like was he dodgy

Ste_Nova
21-01-04, 09:15 AM
right it's been 1 day now... time to start checkin the local stolen car dump spots and yesterdays burnt out car list from the police/council