PDA

View Full Version : 1ltr carb/filter expert Help!!!

L1OONEY
19-01-04, 11:57 PM
Hi my cars bee playing up for sometime now its as if ur staling (no i dont stall) with lack of power ive changed distribitor points plugs leads even the carb which made it go fine for a while although today i took the filter off opened it up to find a little door which was closed and was tighted so i slackend it opened it due to it beeing closed realizing their was an air pipe pointing towards the manifold way from the back of the filter also i noticed on the top of the filter printed was summer and winter the latch was on summer-close so opened to winter could this be somthing to do with my problem, she was running slightly better when i opened it but the engine could just fcuk up when ever i never know when its goin to happen cheers..................

mowgli
20-01-04, 12:03 AM
putting it onto the winter setting will stop carb icing, which it sounds like, or it could be your coil breaking down. that can cause an intermittent fault as well.

_JH_
20-01-04, 08:59 PM
do you have a fuel filter?

L1OONEY
20-01-04, 10:32 PM
yes put 1 on the other day my mums bf fitted it i looked at his he said they take a while 2 fill mines started fillin already so i might clean the tank out what u think oh ive also put redex in plugs carb and petrol made bit of a difference what do u make of it...............