PDA

View Full Version : Lowering!!

tomsuch
19-01-04, 02:33 PM
hello people. Ive got a mk2 nova (93)K and ive got a set of 60mm lowering springs on at the moment and im getting a set of 16" multispokes on thursday.
I was just wondering will the 16"s rub my arches? Will i have to get em rolled?

Cheers
Tom

Jack
19-01-04, 02:42 PM
What size are the wheels (width and offset), and what size tyres do they have?

nova m@rk
20-01-04, 12:43 AM
yes 16 will rub defently they would probably rub even if it wernt lowerd get a bodyshop to roll ya arch's my mate paid jus under ?90 to have hes arch's rolled for 17s.....

Jim
20-01-04, 07:52 AM
yes 16 will rub defently they would probably rub even if it wernt lowerd get a bodyshop to roll ya arch's my mate paid jus under ?90 to have hes arch's rolled for 17s.....

Not necessarily. Provided you have the correct offset wheel, you can get away with 16's and a 60mm drop, sometimes without removing the small lip in the inside of the arch. It all depends on what wheels/tyres you have.

Jim

Will
20-01-04, 12:54 PM
as jim said this is true, e.g. speedlines with a 60mm drop will be fine with the rear arches as they are........

as for ?90........... most novas are past there best and lots of bodyshops wont rolll rusty arches cause of the cracking the pain chance.

get yourself a grinder, some gloves and some sealant, nothing wrong with doing it urself properly :D then 16s will defo go on :D

me and breeny tided my arches up on my old sting really well for diy and it lastest for ages, in fact one side looked like new up until the day is was crushed, the repair we did lasted well over 18 months :D

tomsuch
20-01-04, 02:47 PM
the wheels are off of a corsa and they are the right offset for that so will they be the same for my nova?
can i just grind the lip off on the rear arch or will it fcuk up the arch?