18-01-04, 10:44 PM
That aint no Nova mate :P :D :lol:

Breeny
18-01-04, 10:47 PM
So why post it on a nova site?

mavvmad
18-01-04, 10:49 PM
Because its a vauxhall?

Or arent other vauxhall drivers welcome here?

Its an a Courtney spec Astra GTE 16v btw.

XZiBiT
18-01-04, 10:59 PM
il race ya mate anytime ;) 101 in 3rd no probs ;) btw il be in the purple nova that wizzess by you while ya mate giggles like a girl :P

Breeny
18-01-04, 11:01 PM
lol, your more than welcome here mate. :) Just saying that you may get a bit of abuse for it..

"rip the engine out and put it in a nova" etc etc bla bla

mavvmad
18-01-04, 11:07 PM
Well I didnt come here for abuse, alot of you were more than willing to be nice when you wanted the 17's I was selling.

I dont look down on Novas the way some other VX drivers do and I dont expect greif or bullshit towards me.

Unless I have inadertently stumbled on a boyracer site and not an enthusiasts site.

At the end of the day my car is quick, I didnt come on here sayin I will beat you all blah blah blah, thats not what its all about for me. I just thought the more sensible ones amongst you might be genuinely interested in how a Modded Valver engine goes in an Astra. Seems I was wrong.

Attitudes like I have received tonite doesnt help the way others look at you.

I posted the same videos on a Cavalier site and have had nothing but praise about the way my car goes.

RJM25R
18-01-04, 11:16 PM
Don't take it personally! I love all fast cars and i say "thanks" for posting this!

Cheers

nova m@rk
18-01-04, 11:25 PM
anybody else got a problem wiv astra's :agrue:
good nice car mate....

dan_mk1
18-01-04, 11:26 PM
Don't take it personally! I love all fast cars and i say "thanks" for posting this!

Cheers

im with him^^^^
im always up for seeing vids of fast cars!

Hardie
18-01-04, 11:33 PM
Dont take any notice of the clowns on here mate

Your car is class, cant beat the astra GTE, on of the best cars iv been in

XZiBiT
18-01-04, 11:39 PM
bloody hell all so serious common mate i think your a bit of nutter 122 on the motorway is a little mad but i like that didnt mean to offend but it seemed like you were trying to show off and nobody likes that do they all i was doin was playing you at ya own game not childish jus havin a giggle :P you people gotta stop takin me so literal all im doin is havin fun is that so bad??

srs1
18-01-04, 11:49 PM
is it time of the month lads???????

as long as you say you hate saxo's everyone is likely to be your best mate on here. lol

mavvmad
18-01-04, 11:54 PM
Dont say that word to me, extremely offensive cars, ive yet to see one decently modified.

Im up for a lugh as much as the next guy, just the comments received gave me the wrong impression. :?

Enough seriousness let the fun commence. :wink:

nova m@rk
19-01-04, 12:07 AM
u gunna put some more pics up of ya car & some spec

mavvmad
19-01-04, 12:15 AM
Astra GTE 16V

Courtenay Group N chip (Rev limited raised to 7750)
Courtenay Hi-torque cams
Arp rods and bolts
Arp Headstud kit
Pocketed pistons
Courtenay Performance panel Filter
Full Scorpian Stainless zorst
15" TSW Stealth Alloys
Courtenay Recaro leather seats

Hope the pic works.

http://byebyegti.com/uploadgarage/albums/userpics/10073/normal_My%20gte%20%20new%20wheels%20front.jpg

We dont know what the BHP is yet but its estimated to be over 175bhp
Hoping to get down Santapod soon to get the 1/4 mile times but sadly I cant make the RWYB on Jan 25th. When I do get there im goping to be looking for a high 14 second run.

Lots more work planned for the car as time goes on. Money is tight at the moment so its going to be a while before I do much else to the car, its bloody good fun to drive though I will say that.

dan_mk1
19-01-04, 12:23 AM
Dont say that word to me, extremely offensive cars, ive yet to see one decently modified.

Im up for a lugh as much as the next guy, just the comments received gave me the wrong impression. :?

Enough seriousness let the fun commence. :wink:

fucking codec wont download! :evil:
sounds good tho mate! lol!

mavvmad
19-01-04, 12:24 AM
You will need the latest DVIX file to get the videos. Failing that try RealOne Player or these

http://nic.dnsalias.com/xvid.html
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffdshow/

Jules
19-01-04, 09:14 AM
Always welcome to see vids of fast Vauxhalls (or any Vauxhall for that matter), obviously I should tow the Novaload line and say "That engine would be good in a Nova" but that aside I'm happy that you've posted the links.

Couple of things though, and take these comments how you like, you stated in your 2nd post "Attitudes like I have received tonite doesnt help the way others look at you." So does posting vids of you doing 122 MPH on what looks a fairly busy motorway and over taking at 70+MPH on a single carriageway with oncoming traffic do much for all of us as Vauxhall enthuisasts?
Also maybe it's not such a good idea posting a pic of your car with it's reg plates on full view along with those videos of you blantently breaking the law? After all this is a public forum and you never know who could be viewing this thread.

Just a couple of observations to take as you wish.

XZiBiT
19-01-04, 10:36 AM
looks nice not a fan of the wheels ;)

Stokie_Dave
19-01-04, 07:33 PM
Cant get 'em to play right, they're all green lol.. put those codecs on but no joy :( latest divx and xvid alike with media player 9 and winxp pro :(

EDIT: fixed now, forgot that nimo codec pack was on, fooking useless pack!! lol... all better, good vids m8!!

scottn
19-01-04, 09:00 PM
i`ve got an astra gte lookalike 4 sale if u know anyone 4 one, pm me

Barn
19-01-04, 11:23 PM
link doesn't work for me

:?:

mavvmad
19-01-04, 11:24 PM
Because Ive closed it.

Jules
19-01-04, 11:43 PM
Good idea.
:wink:

XZiBiT
20-01-04, 06:19 AM
jules knows all ;) see i wouldnt have thought of that

Jim
20-01-04, 07:44 AM
Couple of things though, and take these comments how you like, you stated in your 2nd post "Attitudes like I have received tonite doesnt help the way others look at you." So does posting vids of you doing 122 MPH on what looks a fairly busy motorway and over taking at 70+MPH on a single carriageway with oncoming traffic do much for all of us as Vauxhall enthuisasts?
Also maybe it's not such a good idea posting a pic of your car with it's reg plates on full view along with those videos of you blantently breaking the law? After all this is a public forum and you never know who could be viewing this thread.

Just a couple of observations to take as you wish.

I was thinking exactly the same Jules!

Jim