PDA

View Full Version : P*@SED OFF

L1OONEY
16-01-04, 11:32 PM
My nova keeps die-in power ive changed spark plugs distribitor points leads and carb, went ok with new carb but fcuked up after 2daysso we put a fuel cleaner thing on the pipes but its gone again sorry but if it keeps on like thin im binin it shes immaculate but the engines windin me up really bad n besides not going to put a new engine in cant be bothered might aswell save my money n buy something more reliabe like a little corsa so i can still use my alloys please help with ideas cheers...............

Alex
17-01-04, 06:52 PM
could be a number of things.

DONT buy a car just becasue you have some alloys that will fit. That is plain stupid

Aragorn
18-01-04, 12:28 AM
with such little info ill take a random guess at carb icing

Cheese
18-01-04, 01:26 AM
To start with, what engine is it? And what year is your car?

L1OONEY
18-01-04, 03:27 AM
its a 1ltr on a j reg think thats a 90-93ish it go's for a while then say i quick rev-spin off it fcuks up.
I want a corsa not for the rims but they are reliable nippy and overall not bad cars, u say carb icing but loads of my mates have novas and they have no problems ive tryed almost everything almost sure its the carb well any good guesses might get me an inch more lol cheers.........

nova_rally
18-01-04, 10:01 AM
If you have a K&N Bolt on I'd hazard a guess at Carb Icing as well. Don't forget that the Nova has no power at all low down so you could just be stalling it when you spin off! :lol: only joking, doubt even a Nova has that little power!

Anyway carb Icing: check that the Airbox is properly sealed shut, and that the flappy thing works and sucks in hot air from wherever it comes from (vagueness award please! :lol: ) when the car's started.... couldn't harm to give the carb a good dose of Carb Cleaner as well to get rid of any water in there.

Alan