PDA

View Full Version : CARLTON ELECTRIC WINDOW SWITHES

race-more
16-01-04, 08:06 PM
I should be getting some electric windows for my 3dr hatch this wk and ive got these carlton rear window switches. i think they look heaps better than the normal ones and im hopeing to wire them up to light up when i switch my lights on.... but apart from the brown wire i dont know what wires what. Any clues??

http://img11.photobucket.com/albums/v34/s_casemore/2sell_018.jpg

There's:-

1 brown
2 green / grey
1 white
2 blue / red

Ste_Nova
17-01-04, 10:15 AM
err they look like standard mk2 nova switches

Neil.
17-01-04, 01:06 PM
yeah they do.

race-more
17-01-04, 08:27 PM
didn't know the mk2 ones where different 2 the mk1 ones. cheers any how

mikeoxford
18-01-04, 07:09 PM
you wont use half of them wires.

normal nova switches has 4 wires from memory - i know it aint got that many anyway!

geordie_racer
19-01-04, 12:26 AM
lookin at it mike u can quite easily use all those wires, the 2 grey/greens will prob go to the same colored wires on the headlight switch, the 2 black wires will go to an ignition live, the brown to earth and id think thta the white and red/blue make the windows go up down just not sure which is which but they should be matched up to the blue and yellow wires iirc on the window motor in the nova

chris

rysmee
20-01-04, 05:57 PM
been there.. got the t-shirt.. didnt work.
i seem to remember that when i tried carlton switches they wouldnt work.. but that may have been to faulty switches so give it a bash.
they do look better than std mk2 switches, the're slightly bigger and look more substantial than the puney nova ones.

Matt GTE
20-01-04, 09:40 PM
Because the switches come from the rear of the Carlton they can be turned off with a child lock button. This is what the white wire does, unless there is a voltage going up it the switch won't work.