PDA

View Full Version : On holiday, Parents helping with conversion!!!!

Neil.
16-01-04, 06:11 PM
As of 5pm today im now on holiday for 8 days.

In this time my nova will become a 2ltr 8v and have a brand spanking new exhaust fitted on Friday, costing me ?250 by power flow with 2 quarter inch Stainless steel tubing and a simple nice tail pipe.

Then next Saturday my nova is going into the body shop to have accident damage fixed from accident that happed in august last year!!!!!!! Also having my new bonnet I got of corsanova-mark re-smoothed and sprayed.

I will then be getting a nice lump sum of ?500-?1000 which will go on new suspension, camber adjustment and engine bits and bobs.

My nova will then be complete :)

Would just like to thanks novaload for all the help through out the years and cant wait for my next project which will be a stealth project coming ready for summer this year.

Neil

Mark
16-01-04, 06:14 PM
Hurrah!!!!

AND - why arn't you on MSN?!?!?! :lol:

Dpnova
16-01-04, 07:12 PM
Good on ya

Ste_Nova
16-01-04, 07:35 PM
8 days to change an engine?

Ian
16-01-04, 07:41 PM
check what grade stainless you are getting and search on mig ;)

Jules
16-01-04, 09:29 PM
Or if you're happy to get a PowerBlow exhaust then don't search on Mig!!!
:lol:

Fester
16-01-04, 09:33 PM
mate I've got a PowerBlow please don't waste your cash!

Jules
16-01-04, 09:37 PM
/me coughs *Mongoose* cough cough............

/me goes to find some Benylin cough mixture..........

:wink:

Fester
16-01-04, 09:41 PM
yep I had a Mongoose on previous SR - should have got another :(

I don't want to buy one now as that'll mean ?300 odd on exhausts!

Neil.
17-01-04, 12:14 AM
hey????? i thought they were good, the grade of the steel is stuff that stays shiny, don't distort or anything.its only place near me that does decent systems, there is another place called Ascar, but i would pay people not to go here! The powerflow place has alot of Ascar people going in wanting him to correct thing that ascar have done wrong!!!

What should i do, baring in mind i live in sheffield have to get it thursday or friday.

I've booked 8 days off but 2 of them is to do the engine change.

?Marty?
17-01-04, 12:37 AM
For all those that complain about Poweflow, there are those that are happy with it.

I had a poweflow full system made up and fitted (except the backbox, that was a ready made jap one i used) and have had no problems with it whatsoever. Had a magnex full system before that, and am happier with the system i have now.

If things arent done right, you still have statutory rights as to regards to quality of work/service and etc. They wouldn't offer life-time guarantee if the work WAS so shit, tho it ALL depends on the person that does the job. If you hire dumb monkies with no skills/experience, you'll get shit jobs.

So it depends on what branch you go to, and who does the work i guess.

And a lot of people slagging off powerflow now, have NO experience of them whatsoever! It's a case of someone with a car you admire saying they're shit, and then sheep following the flock.

Neil.
17-01-04, 01:06 AM
i know what u mean marty, this guy does seem good and had a good 10 min chat with him looking at some cars, im going to ask him to leave the car on the ramp so i can look at how it does it ect, that way he knows i want it perfect.

locky
17-01-04, 09:38 AM
steel is stuff that stays shiny, don't distort or anything.

Its stainless m8! it will stay shiny, but only if you wash it!
Heard many of powerflow tales! lots from this area also! why dont you shell out on a nice d/pipe back mongooses or something?

Ste_Nova
17-01-04, 10:16 AM
im going to ask him to leave the car on the ramp so i can look at how it does it ect

fuck that..... stand there and watch him to do it

dan16v
17-01-04, 11:35 AM
its NOT stainless steel!! its just steel pipe with stainless coating hence why its shiney, alot of exhaust places such as power blow and stealth use stainless coated steel :lol:
the best system ive had by far was the jp system on the 16v

Neil.
17-01-04, 12:07 PM
where was that JP system from?

olly55
17-01-04, 12:12 PM
i personally find ASCAR r a very professional place iv been there afew tymes iv got a FULL s/s system with custom made back box and tailpipes and i find it v high quality and i kno of alot of people that wil ldo the essex - sheffield trip to them

NovaNeil
17-01-04, 12:28 PM
My Powerflow centre section is fine :D And 3 of my mates have used them....Never had a problem.....yet.....

Neil.
17-01-04, 12:30 PM
not the ascar up here, their crap.

Breeny
17-01-04, 01:16 PM
Would never get any Powerblow exhaust again from any dealer..

Maybe some are better than others but my experience has put me off the company completely.

For a start they only use 2 1/4 inch silencers no matter what bore your pipework is. The welding on mine is proper crap, a monkey could have done better (the bloke looked like a monkey anyway so perhaps thats why) The bends are not mandrell bent.. so that means the bore on the corners decreases in diameter.

And last but not least they bodged it, it knocked rather loudly on the transmission tunnel on the offside. I took it back straightaway and they had all gone in the 5 minutes I had gone.. ok so i drove the 30 mins home and booked it in again for the next week.. Got there, was only 1 bloke there.. His exact words

"Oh not another fuckin bodge to fix"

He welded another hanger to the FRONT of the exhaust system, so thats gonna be a right arse when it comes to changing it..

If you want 10 tailpipes out of the back of your 1.0i Saxo then there the blokes for the job.. if you actually want to be happy with the work and have some performance gains.. then don't.

Neil.
17-01-04, 01:35 PM
well i need somewhere to take it, any1 know anywhere? not to far from sheffield. breeny where was that dealer ur was done at?

Breeny
17-01-04, 03:14 PM
Top Gear in St Albans.. same as Jules.

JP arn't far from you I don't think? Ask Rick, he had his done there I think.

Neil.
17-01-04, 03:59 PM
got postcode or website or full name so i can get postcode off Yell.com then find route on multimap.com

Jules
17-01-04, 04:21 PM
JP Exhausts Ltd
Goodall Street
Macclesfield
Cheshire
SK11 7DU

Tel +44 (0)1625 619916
Fax +44 (0)1625 511158

Neil.
17-01-04, 04:25 PM
okie, will check it out, bit of a treck tho :s

Neil.
17-01-04, 04:43 PM
parents just brought me TWO 3m-3m gazebo's to put up in drive to give full cover for working on car.

Cant say fairer then that!

Cant wait till tuesday!

Dicko
17-01-04, 07:06 PM
thats my plan for a few months time. a nice BTB 4 branch and get JP to finish it off :)

epo
18-01-04, 08:19 AM
not the ascar up here, their crap.

ive never heard a bad comment about ascar yet my mate was plannin on goin up ther 2 have his exhaust done by them
i dont have a prob with powerflow its the bloke who fits\weld the exhaust up in scunny he butched mine made a right mess of it

Snowface
18-01-04, 11:31 AM
i got Powerflow back box and am veryu happy with it.

Is powerBlow a different company to powerflow or is it just a typo by peeps?

epo
18-01-04, 11:45 AM
i got Powerflow back box and am veryu happy with it.

Is powerBlow a different company to powerflow or is it just a typo by peeps?

i think its just people takin the pi$$ like sayin breadline instead of redline
and lax flower instead of max power

olly55
18-01-04, 11:52 AM
[quote=N0va-Neil]not the ascar up here, their crap.

ive never heard a bad comment about ascar yet my mate was plannin on goin up ther 2 have his exhaust done by them

by all emansgo to them m8 ascar in sheffield done a cracking job on my zzaust cant say a bad wordagaisnt them,

Mark
18-01-04, 11:56 AM
[quote=N0va-Neil]not the ascar up here, their crap.

By all means go to them mate, Ascar in Sheffield done a cracking job on my exhaust, can't say a bad word against them,

That's better :D

p16vlv
18-01-04, 03:16 PM
i work at top gear burnley(powerflow)and we use 304 grade stainless,we used to use 409 but people moaned that it was rusting, it gets a surface rust thats all. and as for using 2and a quarter " boxes with any diameter pipe thats just rubbish.it all depends where you go for your exhaust you cannot call all powerflow dealers as each one is different.

tom_beverley
18-01-04, 04:07 PM
Im planning to go to Ascar in the summer to get a custom job done, I got the impression off them that they know wot they are doing. Before this id never heard a bad word about them, think ill still take the risk and get them to do it tho they seem the best of the bunch

Jules
19-01-04, 08:36 AM
i work at top gear burnley(powerflow)and we use 304 grade stainless,we used to use 409 but people moaned that it was rusting, it gets a surface rust thats all. and as for using 2and a quarter " boxes with any diameter pipe thats just rubbish.it all depends where you go for your exhaust you cannot call all powerflow dealers as each one is different.

That may be the case, but I've had a PowerBlow fitted to mine and regardless of how 'independant' each franchise is there's no way I'd go to one again to get an exhaust made - I got burnt once by them and I won't be going to another one to get burnt again. It's the old saying "First impressions count" and my first impressions of my exhaust are that it is a big fat waste of money.
And yes the 409 grade does cause 'surface rust' strange that when I've had Mongoose and Magnex exhausts in the past they've never had the same problem? I guess you get what you pay for (Even if PowerBlow ended up costing as much as a full Mongoose stainless system) - If only I could turn back the clock........
:roll:

Dave
20-01-04, 12:30 AM
where did you get yours done jules am wanting a twin exit one made for mine but there are only 3 places locally that will do it
2 being powerflow!

Jules
20-01-04, 06:35 PM
Top Gear (Flop Gear) in St Albans - Same as Breeny and he's also had problems with his.
:o

Dave
21-01-04, 09:38 AM
think there are 2 powerflow places in east anglia 1 ipswich 1 near norwich,
then there is an independant place near needham market somewhere

Jules
21-01-04, 11:43 AM
I don't know of one in Ipswich, but there is one near Needham Market (Just outside Ipswich) - That opened about a year after I had mine done, and they won't sort the problems Top Gear created because they are a different branch - buggers!!