PDA

View Full Version : Leaking Car.

paulwar
16-01-04, 04:57 PM
Right

got a nova 1.2 F reg which is mk1 i belive.

got a water leak inside the car. Its the passenger side front foot well.
i cant see any leaks down the side of the door or the windows. Checked the door seels and one of them was abit wet but after drying it down and leaving it a few days its now fine. none of the door panels are wet either.

the water is def rain water.
the car has been sitting still for around 4 months but before it was running everyday and never seen this leak problem.

any ideas as to where it is coming from?

and also how do i remove the centre console around the Gear stick ?
need to get carpet up and see if its wetter any where else

Cheeze
16-01-04, 05:00 PM
got the same problen myself, lookis like it could be either the windscreen or from the battery bay area, urs might be the same, the centre console, there should be a small panel in the middle of it, prise it up should be a screw under it

paulwar
16-01-04, 05:05 PM
my driver side is completely bone dry though which has the battery bay area.

but i have noticed there was a puddle in the back after pulling half the carpet up it has a little run to the back which was full of water.
also dont leave it sitting to long as in the front it has like this form insert thing and when that gets wet it starts to fucking stink like mine is atm.

has to were a mask to clean mine out :(

paulwar
21-01-04, 01:30 PM
Right after finding some time to look

have jet washed it while someone sat no the inside
none of the window seals are leaking.
the water is running away from the bat. compartment and offside space.

any other ideas to try ?

paulwar
23-01-04, 05:49 PM
right
found the problem.

what has happened when i installed new speakers i cable tied the front speaker wire up underneath the dash. But because it was late i didnt look what i was doing and i have pulled the rubber seal washer that covers the hole into the indicator bay. So when it floods in the front bay bit it over flows and drips through the hole and leaks down the wheel arch on the inside.

and it was leaking down under the carpet and soaking into the soft stuff underneath carpet. which i had to cut out and had shit loads of water in it

hope this helps ya mate :)

L1OONEY
24-01-04, 05:24 PM
my m8 has a 1.2 nova and he was/is having the same problem he had literaly puddles in his drivers side when he washes it but hes just bought a mk 3 golf stunnin as, so his nova will be gettin dun up then sold probably............i will try n find out about his leakin.....

paulwar
18-04-05, 12:21 PM
Bringing up a old thread. I think the cause was the water runs down the inner side of the front panel. If the rubber seal isn't around the indecator correctly it leaks in and runs down the inside. Which ends up with puddles in the front foot well. I've now sorted that out and it doesn't seem to leak any more. So it seems that i fixed it :)