PDA

View Full Version : much compitition??????

XZiBiT
16-01-04, 03:03 PM
ok this has been told i guess

but........not to me :P

when i get my valver with a chip and stuff (zorst filter.etc..)
will it do standared turbos like renny 5s i only ask cos my mates got a renny 5 in my gsi i can beat him top end :D but off the lights i got no chance (unless he stalls out) can you give me acurate 0-60 times and stuff thanx lads

Jim
16-01-04, 04:41 PM
Chances are the lighter Renault 5 will still have you at low speed, once you reach 70mph+ you might be able to pull away from him, but you've already hit the speed limit, so obviously you wont be going any faster than that, unless you are on a private race track :wink:

Jim

RJM25R
16-01-04, 05:16 PM
Nova 2.0 16v, chipped, zaust, filter with no back seats but a rear cage and lashings of amps and a big sub box and 2x10" subs.......

0-60 in 6.4 seconds (proven)

piss all over sub-200bhp r5 all day all night....

steve-o
16-01-04, 05:17 PM
my mates R5 feels loads faster than my 16v

Jules
16-01-04, 09:25 PM
Just cruise behind the R5GTT and wait for it to breakdown - It won't take long...........

Mark
16-01-04, 09:27 PM
Just cruise behind the R5GTT and wait for it to breakdown - It won't take long...........

LMFAO!!

Lee H
16-01-04, 10:26 PM
Renault 5 Turbo's aren't that unreliable (or mine isn't for that matter). I have a totally standard runaround 5 turbo at the moment and it has had much less problems than my turbo Nova......... admitedly it is nowhere near as quick but they ain't as bad as people make out.

RJM25R
17-01-04, 12:20 AM
I always thought my valver wasn't that quick until i was a passenger in it beig driven balls out. I thought my mates cossie was ballistic and would toast my nova. not so, i could stay with him up to bout 80mph.

So while the r5gtt will feel fast, it's because you are accustomed to the nova and how you drive it. I'd lay money on any 170-180bhp nova against a pressure cooker pushrod tinfoil shitheap!

Only kidding!!

Barn
17-01-04, 01:19 AM
quality Jules

LMAO!

not that I know much about R5GTT 's but still funny.

nice 'run around' that

dan_mk1
17-01-04, 10:20 AM
Renault 5 Turbo's aren't that unreliable (or mine isn't for that matter). I have a totally standard runaround 5 turbo at the moment and it has had much less problems than my turbo Nova......... admitedly it is nowhere near as quick but they ain't as bad as people make out.

true, people only get the idea their unreliable because people go for stupid amounts of boost without uprating anything else!

XZiBiT
17-01-04, 10:46 AM
im looking at a 1.8i gte mk1 nova tomorrow looks like a peach il let you know how it goes

Jules
17-01-04, 03:22 PM

true, people only get the idea their unreliable because people go for stupid amounts of boost without uprating anything else!

My brother has had 2 R5 GTT's now, one standard non uprated in anyway - unreliable and it had low mileage and was serviced regular as clockwork, so as he was fed up with that he chopped it in against a Prima Racing 1.7 Turbo which whilst being the quickest damn car I've ever been in (a tad under 250BHP in a tin can of a car) it too was unreliable even after having it's engine rebulit a huge expense by it's creators (Primar Racing), he got fed up with that aswell eventually (The engine did catch fire a 3am one morning after being sat there for 4+ hours!! :o ) so he got himself a late Astra GSi which although not as fast as the 1.7 R5 GTT it's not missed a beat yet.

Ste_Nova
17-01-04, 03:58 PM
lol i was 5 up next to one on the m55 once... lads in 5 were waving etc... i just floored it from 120mph and was gone... then my mate passed me in his 330bhp cossie :lol:...when we got to blackpool the 5 owner was straight over.. "is that a 2.0" "yup" "thats how you beat me then"

Dicko
17-01-04, 07:11 PM
there called kettles for a reason :lol:

raced 1 to a cruise last week. hes spent ?6k on engine and pushing 250bhp. left me a bit below 50, but from 80 upwards i was gone. coming home it came past me. i went after it, didnt take me long as the engine had poped :lol: