PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed !!!

GOZ
15-01-04, 03:58 PM
Has anyone on here managed to get a sony CD XM800 the black one that flips down into a MK1 nova. I recently brought one and it hasnt got one of them metal cases that make it fit vauxhalls does anyone know where i could get one from. Also i think that when it flips it might get stuck 3 quaters of the way down because of the tight space you have between the top and botton of the plastic where the sterios go on a MK1. Does anyone who has fitted one to a MK1 have any answers ???

Jules
15-01-04, 06:54 PM
Didn't have a "metal cases that make it fit vauxhalls"?

Do you mean the small cage that the stereo slots in to? The one that you put in to the stereo arpeture in the dash, bend a few tabs back for it to hold in place, then the stereo locks into that?
If you are then that's not a Vauxhall only thing, most, if not all cars will require you to fit that in order for the stereo to sit tightly.
So for it not of come with one seems strange to me? I'm assuming that it's second hand? If not then I'd be contacting Sony / Shop where you bought it and asking for one.

No idea about the opening bit, but in my old MK1 I had a Kenwood D-Mask+ and that opened and closed with no problems.

GOZ
15-01-04, 07:16 PM
yeah thats what i meant the j plate i think my mate said its called he sold me the sterio and wreckons that i will be able to get hold of one from somewhere because he broke the other one and also the plastic surround. Thing is i dont know where to start asking about for either of them.

peester
15-01-04, 08:19 PM
go to halfords they'll order you a cage and plastic surround from sony. shud be about 10-15 quid. dear? well thats buying used off youre mate that loses everything.

nova m@rk
15-01-04, 09:24 PM
oi were about in dudley u from

GOZ
15-01-04, 09:57 PM
Im from sedgley mate.

nova m@rk
16-01-04, 12:59 AM
priory mate u go up monte's much my mate practicly lives up there
wot nova u got ???

GOZ
16-01-04, 10:59 AM
Used to go up a bit dont go up very much no more though. Got a 1.4 SR not on road Yet though coz i ay passed test yet so im just doin little things to it until i pass. Got a 1.2 Merit too but its full of rust and got loadsa problems with it so im gonna get all dat sorted get some mot on it and f**k it off.