PDA

View Full Version : I Think.........

dan_mk1
15-01-04, 12:22 AM
my dads won the lottery (or going through a midlife crisis!) and not told anyone

in the last week hes bought
a 42" plasma tv, new sony amp, new floor standers, new sub and new rear speakers.
a brand spanking new dell pc
and hes now talking about getting rid of the big red 806 outside and getting a civic type r!!

still wont lend me any money! tight git :evil: :lol:

?Marty?
15-01-04, 02:04 AM
OR he's got cock cancer, and has decided to get himself into as much debt as possible and have a GOOd time before he goes. Then leave the debts behind. muha ha

dan_mk1
15-01-04, 11:38 AM
lol, eer cheers mate?
i think its more likely a mid life crisis! wonder if he'll get himself a fancy bit!?

steve-o
15-01-04, 12:14 PM
OR he's got c**k cancer, and has decided to get himself into as much debt as possible and have a GOOd time before he goes. Then leave the debts behind. muha ha

thats not actually that funny. what happenes if its true?

dan_mk1
15-01-04, 12:21 PM
is cock cancer even possible!? :? :lol:

Fester
15-01-04, 12:36 PM
I Think.........

Therefore I am.....

Cara
15-01-04, 01:44 PM
My dad did exactly the same thing when he had his lil mid life crisis. he bought himself a porsche 994 s2, a water bed an a jacuzzi bath thing.

Dave
15-01-04, 04:38 PM
think i'm having an early mid life crisis i'm most of the way to spending ?8/9k on a nova!

Neil.
16-01-04, 02:04 AM
OR he's got c**k cancer, and has decided to get himself into as much debt as possible and have a GOOd time before he goes. Then leave the debts behind. muha ha

yes it is possible, like testicular(sp) cancer, or just like any form of cancer, like breast cancer which my mum has, its not nice, so dont joke about it, it can cause death and i know this all to well, dont joke about it, how would u like it. think before u say stuff like this, it can hurt people.

?Marty?
16-01-04, 02:21 AM
You have a very valid point there.

HOWEVER. I do not care about sparing other peoples feelings, behaving ethically OR morally, nor do i care about being politically correct.

Yes, i realise it makes me sound inhuman and what-have-you BUT when it comes to caring about anyone apart from CLOSE friends and family, or things that somehow affect me. There are many people who do care and act ethically/morally, but i don't see any reason at all to care about a complete stranger across the world who might be starving, who you'll never see. Or that animals are being systematically tortured by our meat industry to provide us with food. Or anything at all.

I tried to feel something for the victims of 9/11 or any other 'tragic disaster' but I never felt so fake in my life than during the times when i try to fake empathy.

If something 'terrible' happens to me, i wouldn't care if anyone shed a tear or had sympathy for me. If i died tomorrow, i am not bothered. No, i do not want to die tomorrow, but if that would happen then so what.

Also, isn't it hypocritical of people to get all high and mighty about jokes that they can 'relate' to? We all have made a joke about something that another person might have cause to feel pain over, at some point of our lives. But it's ok then?

Anyway, sorry if i upset anyone. But i dont actually care. I could pretend to, but that would be lying to myself and i cant do that.

Neil.
16-01-04, 02:26 AM
ok

Barn
18-01-04, 01:54 AM
Yes, i realise it makes me sound inhuman
not at all, you just sound like a twat.

all the best

Jules
19-01-04, 08:09 AM
Why does he sound a twat? All Marty is doing is saying HONESTLY how he feels - he's not preaching to us trying to convince us that he's right and correct.
I happen to be different in my feelings than Marty does in his, but that's not what this developing-arguement is about, Marty has just said how he feels and I'd prefer someone to be honest than to be a fraud - if I agree with them or not is a different topic of discussion.

?Marty?
20-01-04, 04:15 AM
Maybe i am a twat or what not.

But, because of how i am (and there are more likely than not psychological reasons beyond my control why i am like that) i may make jokes that do hurt/upset people or are just plain inappropriate, and i do act inconsiderately a lot of the time i guess.

HOWEVER i did not and do not DELIBERATELY go out to CAUSE people pain with things that i may say and/or do.

It's not like i'd gone to the trouble to register at a cancer support forum and started taking the piss, is it? I wouldn't do that because i have no reason to do such things. But i also can not be sympathetic to sufferers of cancer, because it feels fake. I just can not relate. And yes, i realise there's people hoping ''ooh i hope he gets cancer and knows what it's like''.

It's like when a friend has a grandparent die and tells me all in tears and etc. I wish i didn't have to be there, because it doesn't even make me blink. But then i have to fake my condolences and sympathy instead.

I've had lots of death around me in my life. One of my friends found her mother dead on the kitchen floor when she was a teen. Another friend, had her sister and her child murdered by [her sisters] the husband. And my mums half-brother was murdered himself, when defending his fiance from muggers. I also have a friend in prison for murdering another one of my friends father with an axe. Shit happens and we are all dying with every breath we take. I just dont care, so it seems strange to care about others when i dont even care about myself.

I made a joke, which to me seemed funny, and it upset people. However i did not decide to make it to upset people, i just thought it was funny and the people were upset because of matters beyond my control. I can't really say i'm sorry, because i did not cause the source of those peoples pain in the first place. And if it wasnt for that, they could not relate and wouldnt object to my 'joke'.

Then there are all these people who cry when someone makes a joke about something they can relate to, but think nothing wrong of child molesterer/homesexual and etc etc jokes they make themselves....

dave.gsi
20-01-04, 08:04 AM
marty, you know some fucked up people lol, axe murderers?

anyway, i'm with marty on this one (kind of lol)

yes its sad when people get cancer but at the end of the day, if its not your uncle/mother etc it doesnt affect you in any way. if it did, you'd be a chronic deppressant. you'd be worried about millions on millions of ppl all suffering from cancer/starvation and all kinds of diseases.

as for the joke. what an over reaction.

yes some ppl may have friends/family with cancer, but how was marty supposed to know that?

the world would be a very boring place if we didnt tell jokes/or take the piss in the chance that someone may relate to it.

for every joke, there'll be people in that same situation. is that a reason for not telling the joke?

lets face it, humans as a kind are selfish. we look after number 1 first and foremost and close family and friends next. then after that we dont really give a shit. if we did we'd all be donating our wages to cancer research and help the aged

how many of you can say you do that :?:

Jules
20-01-04, 11:56 AM
if we did we'd all be donating our wages to cancer research and help the aged

how many of you can say you do that :?:

I donate to 'help the aged' all be it in a round-a-bout sort of way, the more Budweiser I buy the more the owner will have to spend when he retires!!

This is the right thread for humour (etc etc) isn't it?!
:lol:

dan_mk1
20-01-04, 12:32 PM
lol, this threads got a bit funking serious aint it!!

Barn
20-01-04, 06:07 PM
Why does he sound a t**t? All Marty is doing is saying HONESTLY how he feels - he's not preaching to us trying to convince us that he's right and correct.
I happen to be different in my feelings than Marty does in his, but that's not what this developing-arguement is about, Marty has just said how he feels and I'd prefer someone to be honest than to be a fraud - if I agree with them or not is a different topic of discussion.
sorry mate, but apart from the first question that post has nothing to do with me.
I'm entitled to an opinion as much as anyone else. I agree I'd prefer people to be honest rather than "a fraud". Fair enough you may not like the fact that I thought Marty sounded a tw*t rather than "inhuman or whatever" but tuff.

yes its sad when people get cancer but at the end of the day, if its not your uncle/mother etc it doesnt affect you in any way. if it did, you'd be a chronic deppressant. you'd be worried about millions on millions of ppl all suffering from cancer/starvation and all kinds of diseases.
mate, I really cannot see how you can speak on behalf of anyone else other than yourself. I don't feel the same way as you.

Anyway lads, nice discussion, and the original post by Dan (the things his dad has bought etc made me laugh)

:+:

Barney

Jules
20-01-04, 06:16 PM
And we promptly hijacked the post!!!

OK to get it back on topic, Dan can your dad send me some of his cash (Of which he seems to have too much of at the moment) as there's a nice Astra IV Sri Turbo I'd like to buy - about ?12K should cover it, cheers!!

:D

Barn
20-01-04, 07:43 PM
haha

If there is any dough left after Jules' astra turbo, il have some towards another Nova, lol (and a civic Type-R)

all the best

Mark
20-01-04, 10:22 PM
Oooh and if he has another ?24,000 spare can I have a new hip please :D

?Marty?
20-01-04, 11:54 PM
If i won the lottery, i'd use the money to get myself a vagina inplant, so i could do myself with a cucumber. Possibly get breasts too.

But i'd still want to keep the penis too, as it comes in handy.

dan_mk1
21-01-04, 02:26 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

cough cough :evil: :lol:

OK to get it back on topic, Dave can your dad send me some of his cash (Of which he seems to have too much of at the moment) as there's a nice Astra IV Sri Turbo I'd like to buy - about ?12K should cover it, cheers!!

Beano
21-01-04, 10:56 AM
AS disturbing as it sounds to say, i can completely relate to what Marty has to say. And he's funny, in a kind of blatantly vulgar brutally honest obscene ignorance kind of way. :lol: i dont know marty at all, it just seems that in every topic in muppet, there is a post from marty with something totally random or abusive in it...makes me giggle.

some things are serious, and sometimes people just need to chill the fcuk out, why stress over things you cant change and have no control over.

im now trying to convince my dad to have a midlife crisis...but buy me things instead of him! :D

(no offence intended by this post)

Jules
21-01-04, 11:20 AM

OK to get it back on topic, Dan can your dad send me some of his cash (Of which he seems to have too much of at the moment) as there's a nice Astra IV Sri Turbo I'd like to buy - about ?12K should cover it, cheers!!

:roll:

:wink:

Mark
21-01-04, 12:05 PM
:lol: - Easy mistake Jules!

BTW.

I think....too much! :lol:

dan_mk1
21-01-04, 12:26 PM
:lol: much better jules!
and no im not buying an astra turbo for ya! i thnk its more a midlife crisis than anything, he definately hasnt won the lottery cos he borrowed 20 quid off me to go to the pub last night! :roll: :lol:

?Marty?
21-01-04, 09:29 PM
^^ maybe he's taken to pimping?

?Marty?
21-01-04, 09:32 PM
If i won the lottery, i'd use the money to get myself a vagina inplant, so i could do myself with a cucumber. Possibly get breasts too.

AS disturbing as it sounds to say, i can completely relate to what Marty has to say.

You SICK FUCK!! I was just messin. Why not stick the vegetable in your ass if you want it that much!? Freak.

Dan - maybe your dad started pimping your mum?

Mark
21-01-04, 09:34 PM
Lol - Marty strikes again!

dan_mk1
22-01-04, 12:32 AM
marty..........you smoke too much crack for ya own good! :lol:

Ian
22-01-04, 12:41 AM

nah the sris are a bit shite, bodykit and interior is all found on normal sris now, and as for the limited bit well the gsi has stopeed being made so is just as rare but with better kit wheels and interior

Jules
22-01-04, 08:18 AM
There's just something about the SRiT that I prefer to the GSiT, no idea what it is and I can't put my finger on it, but they just seem to look better to me?
Maybe it's the front bumper? Maybe it's the wheels? Maybe a combination of the two? I dunno, although saying that a black GSiT came past me the other day, and although it was filty dirty, it looked sweet!!

?Marty?
23-01-04, 09:41 PM
^^^^ Ian and Jules, carrying on regardless lol