PDA

View Full Version : Did you buy a in car TV screen from Eddy?

YellowTurbo
14-01-04, 10:57 PM
Hi,

I got a TV screen from a guy called eddy on here, all is ok with the screen but i have lost the plug that connects to the screen it has got four wires but i have managed to get a replacement connector that fits but i dont know what each wire is can anyone help me out.

The four wires are

V+
V-
Video positive
Video negetive

can any tell what order these were on the connector, even if you can tell me the four colours of the wires.

Phil GTE
15-01-04, 12:25 AM
hi steve, hows things? cant believe you sold your nova.

anyway, are you talking about the screens eddy p sold on RB? with no back tot he case, all the circuit boards on show?

i have one, will have a look and tell whats what when i go out to the car during the day

Jim
15-01-04, 09:04 AM
with no back tot he case, all the circuit boards on show?

Stolen goods by any chance? :|

Jim

YellowTurbo
15-01-04, 10:57 AM
Thanks alot phil you are a life saver, on the white plug ther should be four wires, grey, white , black and red can you tell me what order they go.

i do miss my Nova i am thinking of starting again and building a Turbo.

Phil GTE
15-01-04, 12:13 PM
My wiring was burried in the dash, so I couldnt check, but I spoke to Eddy directly, he says

the grey cable has 2 wires, one balck and one white
white is the centre connector on a phono, black is the outer one

as you might remeber, you have to strip down a phono cable.

the other 2 are power cables, im sure you can work it out.

Slim; no these are not stolen, they are designed for TV racks, like an OB van would use. Or for factory fitted options.

they were meant to be fitted to Ford Galaxy's, but Ford changed their mind and went for widescreen units instead. these were sold off cheap.

YellowTurbo
15-01-04, 06:01 PM
thanks for yor help phil, i cant work out what is what on the plug though cause even if you do power the screen it doesnt come up until it have a signal from the av in, so you have to get all 4 wires in the right please for it to come on, i just need to know the order of the wires.

cant bloody remember.

Phil GTE
16-01-04, 12:28 AM
strip a phono cable that outputs from your in car device

the white and black on the right connect to the screen as detailed

the other 2, red is +ve, and black is -ve power supply

the screen will power on for 5 secs with out a video supply

YellowTurbo
16-01-04, 06:22 PM
if you look at the picture below i have drawn four wires on the screen...but they are not it the right oreder i need to know the correct order....i dont have the original plug that come with the screen.

One other thing i also left the other plug in my car that had the contrast and brightness on do this need to be connected for the screen to work.

http://www.ectcheshunt.com/DSC00704.jpg

Phil GTE
17-01-04, 12:34 AM
hmmmmmmm......I dunno if that will work, the board must be there for a reason

I think

Red Black Black Right, but im not sure. also, I dont know from which side they go from

Im working all weekend, so it will be at least Monday before I can check.

YellowTurbo
17-01-04, 09:27 AM
Thanks phil.....i have managed to sorce a plug from something else but all the colours are different but it will still work i just need to know the order of the wires.