PDA

View Full Version : Please help me!

Nova_speed
14-01-04, 09:43 AM
Does anybody have a choke on there nova?ive got one on my 1.2 merit and it really annoys me.is there any way i can work the choke better and not have to use it as often

novajay
14-01-04, 10:53 AM
what you mean use it as often ??
i have one on my 1.0ltr and i only really pull mine out in the morning when its cold :lol:
keep it out for a nit till the engine warms up then put it in bout halfway, start my long jopurney to work and after bout two minutes put the choke all the way in !!!

not sure if this is the right or wrong way but i hope it helps you

Jim
14-01-04, 11:40 AM
The last time I used I car with a manual choke I would pull the choke out 75-100% of the way, then after the engines warmed up a bit I would push it in so that the car ticks over nicely when stationary, then when the car has reached it's normal temperature I would push it in all the way. It depends on the car, sometimes I'd have to have the choke out throughout my journey otherwise the car would die. The whole point of a manual choke is that you can adjust it whilst on the move.

Jim

mikeoxford
14-01-04, 11:41 AM
there only a crude device to help start the engine by flooding it :lol:

as per novajay instructions

i used to have weber 32 34 with manual choke. simply pul it out to choke it to start it, then once moving and the temperature guage registers you know the car is probably warm enough to keep itself a live, so stick it in :D

im not very knowledgable on it, but im sure some people fit twin barrel pierburg carbs like on the sr to there novas - these have an autochoke so you wouldnt have to worry!

Euan
14-01-04, 01:21 PM
buy my autochoke pierburg or webber32/34

:D

Snowface
14-01-04, 06:48 PM
or buy *My* pierburg 2e3 with a Manual choke + cable. :D

nova_rally
14-01-04, 07:01 PM
How much were you looking for for that lot again? I'm having some serious choke issues with the 1.4SR, I swear it doesn't work (watched it being started in the bodyshop - took 3 attempts to get it to go which took forever as it was very reluctant to start then ran really badly like it wasn't on choke.... Haven't got the car back yet to inspect it yet though.

Using maunal choke: My old mazda manual gave a very long and epic description of such things (including how to plug your seatbelt in and use the ignition key to start the car!). Pull it out all the way when you start it, then push it in till the car's running smootly with no throttle. Keep pushing it in as it warms up untill eventually it's all the way in. (I didnt actually have to do that as it pulled itself in automatically when the engine reached normal temperature, but I don't think Novas do that do they?)

Alan

Nova_speed
15-01-04, 09:38 AM
is it possible to get rid of the choke on a 1.2 merit and fit the automatic choke.