PDA

View Full Version : Which Mobile? - changed choices

?Marty?
13-01-04, 05:29 PM
Can't decide what phone to get, narrowed it down to these and was hoping you lot could help me pick the best one? Go on, you know you want to.

I want the BEST all round phone - in terms of style and features. Mainly for texting (and e-mail), i dont bother ringing anyone, just text or let them ring me.

Narrowed it down between these three:

Sony Ericsson T610:
http://www.mobileshop.co.uk/images/phones/sony_ericsson/big/t610_frontback.jpg
Like: looks good, small, loads of features, second best OS to Nokia.
Dislike: been told the display is crap, camera is crap, and so is battery life?

**(might wait for the T630 due out on 14th February - looks better, and probably updated/upgraded features)

Samsung E700:
http://www.mobileshop.co.uk/images/phones/samsung/big/e700_openshut.jpg
Like: small, looks good (on outside), good features, highly recommended.
Dislike: the black buttons & their layout inside. Want silver god damn it!! lol

Samsung P400:
http://www.thelink.com/images/993980_01_huge.jpg
Like: camera, rotating screen, looks great on inside/with screen rotated and closed (screen facing outwards - but might break easily like that?), good features.
Dislike: slim but BIG because of width and aerial protrudes a fair bit (but means screen is largest of the 3), looks very plain with no outer display.

Fester
13-01-04, 05:37 PM
I have the E700 and its a very nice phone. The battery life is longer than one would expect. The camera quality is a lot higher than other camera phones! Also Samsung are running their ?50 cashback offer on all Samsung phones bought. You just send off your proof of purchase to them and they send a ?50 cheque, although I am still waiting for mine :? :lol: :lol:
With a ?50 reduction off what you 'were' going to pay the E700 looks good. Although 'its your choice'

A mate at Uni works for Orange and has the P900; gets new phones every couple of months, so because he doesn't pay for them his reviews aren't biased i.e. the old "I've paid for something so I'm obliged to say it's good" doesn't apply - and he doesn't rate it. Can't remember why he just said he's had better.

XZiBiT
13-01-04, 05:54 PM
dude get the nokia 6600 its the DON phone all n-games work on it and its better equiped than a p900 ;)

srs1
13-01-04, 06:25 PM
voted the e700. i know a couple of people that have got it. the pic quality for the camera is tops for a mob, and the ringtones are good too. phone looks nice, considering i hate flip phones (but i would have this one)

Ste_Nova
13-01-04, 06:26 PM
i'll stick to my trusty 8310 thanks

or if it's a bad day then my mr1

lovely
http://www.mobiles.co.uk/images/mr1.gif

peester
13-01-04, 06:36 PM
i know that the camera on the t610 is very disapointing. the smasung (ugly one) has a really good camera on it; bit of zoom, smoother and sharper.
ide probably have the LG if it was made by a good company.

Mark
13-01-04, 10:19 PM
I like the LG...

Ian
13-01-04, 10:31 PM
got a 7250 and its decent size makes calls, holds loads of numbers, cameras not great but that dont matter to you, and its triband

Ian
13-01-04, 10:43 PM
hows your ipod btw?

steve-o
13-01-04, 10:46 PM
the nokia is shite compared to the T610, ive swapped after 4 years of nokia to the sony, and its a fantastic phone

dikharvey
13-01-04, 11:28 PM
I had an mr1 that is truly a fantastic phone!

The samsung doesn't have voice dialing (no good for a car kit)

?Marty?
14-01-04, 03:57 AM
hows your ipod btw?

It's brilliant! Got the 40 GB (!!!) model, stuck ALL my songs on it and it's still got LOADS of room. Holds about 10,000 songs aparently. Wasn't exactly cheap at ?400, but it's worth it in my opinion.

You can get some unofficial iPOD accessories too, like wireless remote and etc. Connect it to some decent speakers and an amp (JBL 'Creatures' look brilliant combined with the ipod) and you've made your 'hi-fi' obsolete. Just download albums off the net, and you'll never have to buy Albums/Singles or even blank CD's to burn them on.
Pay for itself in a few months time if you buy a lot of music.

Not to mention the 'cool factor' of owning one. Though i could be sad. Like, i want something as long as others dont have it, then lose interest as soon as others have it/it becomes popular/common. lol

I remember when i bought one of the first (Sony) MiniDisk walkmans that came out in the UK about 8 years ago, that set me back ?600, then the blank MD's cost me ?17 each!! My actual hi-fi was so shit, i couldn't send songs to it from that, and had to use my PlayStation to transfer the tracks from. lol Ended up selling it 2 years later for ?80! Fuckin waste of money that was.

Oh, and as to the mobile phones, trying to narrow down my choices, i've ended up finding more phones that i'm 'considering' now! lmao.

Might wait for some 'soon to be released ones'.

RobIsGrt18
14-01-04, 01:07 PM
have u looked at the nokia 6600? surley that shud be on the list. My g/f has the samsung e700 it is a really nice phone to use, not sure on sum of the functions but the camara is cool :lol: !!

nova.pimp
14-01-04, 03:03 PM
go for the e700. its awesome. me and my girl have got them. the mms takes a little while to connect but picture quality is amazing. i got mine when they first came out so i've only just got gprs and mms settings but i'm propa chuffed now. :D :lol:

Nath
14-01-04, 03:06 PM
dont get the nokia its terrible! mine keeps freezing and crashing! and the camera is shit on my m8's one

dan_mk1
14-01-04, 03:08 PM
nokia are a heap of shit!
get the p900, iv heard a few people say there good, ill probably go for that next