PDA

View Full Version : Lightweight nova doors

ianofbhills
13-01-04, 12:35 PM
i posted this on mig but not much success so i'll try here

The bottoms of the doors on my nova are starting to show their age now, nothing major yet but there is a little flakey paint in the usual place and its obviously only going to get worse.

Now seeing as i have gone pretty mad with the rebuild on this car and keeping the weight down has been a priority, i was considering replacing the knackered origional doors with a lighter composite version such as grp, carbon or a carbon kevlar mix this will also have the added bonus of not turning into iron oxide too. I allready run 1 piece plastic windows with sliders and would prefer the doors to not have door lock holes but the problem is where to get them from.

I am allready aware of the carbon doors that colin smith (novarally) can supply and have seen a few pictures of the products.

I also was supplied with information from a user on this site about a chappy called Paul Waldren who apparrently makes up a carbon kevlar door does any body have any contact details or gen on this fella? This is the person who i really want to speak to most but no body seems to have heard of him..

Finally is anybody aware of differant companies/persons who can make up or supply lightweight doors?

thanks for any replies

Ian

NWR161282
13-01-04, 02:05 PM
Ask colin where he got them made coz they'll have the mould so they should b able to make them out of which ever material you require.

-Bruce-
13-01-04, 07:35 PM
i know a company that deal in novas 4 rallying.
ask 4 Iain shirlaw @ motorsportdirect.co.uk or call 01282844210

i have found iain to be a honest man and he will supply u the product or send u in the right direction!!

hope he can help

mikeoxford
13-01-04, 10:40 PM
let me know how you get on

im still on the hunt for a drivers door, so i would consider buying something that would never rot!

novashed
14-01-04, 12:35 AM
try seaching on migweb, bound to be someone on there who knows someone who may be able to help

Jim
14-01-04, 08:04 AM
i posted this on mig but not much success so i'll try here

try seaching on migweb, bound to be someone on there who knows someone who may be able to help

Are you taking the p*** Novashed? LOL.

Ian, theres a couple of guys that come on this site that have Rally Novas. Try PM'ing a chap called Russ. His features page is http://www.novaload.net/features/viewfeature.php?ref=1095 I think he mentioned about getting Kevlar doors, so send him a PM via the link I've just put up and he should be able to help you out.

Jim

ianofbhills
14-01-04, 11:17 PM
Bigruss is the user on here who told me that he got his kevlar/carbon doors from that Paul waldren bloke. I have pm'd him for contact details etc but he must not be on here very often.

Jim
15-01-04, 09:24 AM
Bigruss is the user on here who told me that he got his kevlar/carbon doors from that Paul waldren bloke. I have pm'd him for contact details etc but he must not be on here very often.

Try sending Russ an email as well. He does come on here, but it may just be at weekends?

Jim

Bilbo ballbaggins
16-01-04, 07:29 PM
hmm theres no mension of carbon doors in his tech spek.

im after fiberglass ones, hopefully a cheeper option.

cant find them anywhere tho

RJM25R
16-01-04, 09:39 PM
Try motorsport direct. i had gear off them in the past and they're cheap and reliable!

I would be wary of colin smith a lot of people have had trouble with him, parts not what he promised, in shit condition etc etc etc etc etc (and that's only my parts!!)

Rick

novashed
16-01-04, 10:45 PM
[quote=ianofbhills]i posted this on mig but not much success so i'll try here

Are you taking the p*** Novashed? LOL.

lol sorry

fearless
16-01-04, 10:53 PM
Try Magnum Motorsport, they list a nova door skin, which can be made in fibreglass or caron fibre/kevlar

http://www.magnum.webstarworld.co.uk/nova.html