PDA

View Full Version : treffen 2004

peester
12-01-04, 09:59 PM
anyone ever gone to the belgian show?
saw in old png news that a few members off here have gone before just wondering the kind of preparations (bar obvious car preps) you took to go. also whose planning to go this year? im gonna have to check car insurance, funds, work etc etc but really hope to go soon if not this year. old skool opels, euro look and of course the convey there and back and clean, empty, uncamera'ed foreign roads.

dan_mk1
12-01-04, 10:45 PM
clean, empty, uncamera'ed foreign roads.

i think that alone is enough to go!
i might go, should have my new car by then too!

peester
12-01-04, 11:20 PM
clean, empty, uncamera'ed foreign roads.

i think that alone is enough to go!
i might go, should have my new car by then too!

what you getting? not to get off my point. im waiting for the bishops, rowntrees etc...

dan_mk1
13-01-04, 08:13 AM
lol, a clio 1.8 16v

Chris
13-01-04, 10:29 AM
does anyone have any dates for this show? as me and few of my mates want to got to a show abroad. Or any links to get info about them? And help would gratefully recieve Cheers Chris

novacabrio
13-01-04, 06:22 PM
The show is the first weekendin may I think in the north of belgium, to usual routes, a group (my self included) go from hull, other go from dover, just depends where you live. PM me if you want any details will keep you informed. ive been three out of the 4 trips ive known of and wont miss it for the world!

peester
13-01-04, 06:33 PM
so come on hitler; how much are tickets usually? remember how much fuel roughly cost? mileage? total cost of weekend? etc.. on here so all can see.

epo
13-01-04, 06:52 PM
lol, a clio 1.8 16v

u andy and neil will be startin a clio site soon
every1 wants 2 be like andy lol

karl Rowntree
13-01-04, 07:42 PM
I will be going over this year but not sure which show i will be going to yet.

The main reason i want to go over is to go and do the nurgburgring in the nova! Going to try and do as many tracks as i can this year and that has to be at the top.

I know aswell as the treffen show there is a massive opel show ( blitz hitz i think? ) at the end of april. Its a 4 day show and has 1/8 mile track, show and shine etc. Its the biggest show in europe and is situated in berlin. Think i might aim to do this one, but will follow the croud to be honest.

I did it 2 years ago with andy bishop. We went in andys car and shared the costs, but cant remember how much we spent. Think it was a couple of hundred each what with insurance AA cover and petrol.

Its well worth it.

Adam Moran
13-01-04, 08:42 PM
I'm defently up for this trip!

Will be an awsome summer 8) Bring it on :lol:

Ad

BIG jts
13-01-04, 09:21 PM
OPEL SHOW....

strong Opel's, is called Action, exciting engine haven and 40,000 visitors - so one can the four days state of emergency with the OPEL meeting Oschersleben in the Magdeburger boerde best probably describe. Soon it is again so far and we is pleased to be allowed to welcome you again for the probably largest OPEL meeting of the world from 29 April to 02 May 2004. With the help of your suggestions - our thanks go to all 2,000 Opelaner, which made themselves the trouble and in our inquiry to have participated - to be able we you again a singular program with many new highlights to offer, so that our meeting becomes a completely special date in the OPEL year. What is new? For the first time there are party & Family campgrounds, i.e. both party People and those, which like it somewhat more calmly, can enjoy now unimpaired the meeting. Extra a tent surface in the proximity of the driver camp stands for families with children to tents for order and a fixed night rest on this area provides for the necessary sleep. The second bridge (of gate 7 to the Infield), which for 2003 was planned already, by April 2004 one finishes, so that the footpath from the rear tent surfaces shortens to the driver camp enormously. At the fixed tent II a second dealer place expects you to strolling and Shopping. The new tent surface at the gate 7 is finished and had in the meantime new showering containers. The artery around the racing course is equipped approximately with chicaneries? for acceleration and Show there is finally out place and racing course with us Burn. Besides 20 additional toilets are to you at the disposal. With the Sprint can to 1/8 mile you with professional time measurement and traffic light start your Bestzeiten drive. Service & program of 2 party ranges? Fixed tent I in the driver camp & fixed tent II at the gate 7 free care of children? Fr. and SA in each case of 9.00 o'clock to 18,00 o'clock 4th alto OPEL meeting with own tent surface (Infield II) Dragster Show Public Race & running taxi 1/8 mile Sprint Low Rider Contest Burn out & Donutwettbewerb railways sound dragee Show & Shine? Over 100 cups can you win! 2 large dealer miles also over 40 considerable dealers & exhibitors elevator fireworks u.v.m. What you to bring along have? Desire on Rennfeeling and party, on the smell of smoking brakes and cosy crickets at the tent - and naturally on many beautiful Opelz. You have that everything? Then are thereby, with 9. OPEL meeting 2004 in MOTOPARK the Oschersleben!

http://www.opelsportclub-wernigerod...2004/index.html

peester
13-01-04, 11:15 PM
^^^ fook me!! err ill read that whilst i wait for summer to come then. karl i like youre ambitions... finished car; go and enjoy it. didn't know there were a number of shows abroad worth going to; thought just treffen was the daddy. one things sure and thats no abroad (or english) track action for me just yet...a gentle drive down to belgium would be enough of a mission. no doubt there'll be more on this as the months roll on. so far only know that it'de cost ?150 return on channel tunnel for crossing or ?60-odd for return ferry in may for one car on 3 day stay.

mikeoxford
13-01-04, 11:17 PM
id be intrested in going on a trip abroad if someone could estimate what my costs would be?

peester
13-01-04, 11:26 PM
well mike thats why i put the post up. i suppose within a car club money is saved as large numbers would help get discounts. karl has said ?200 odd each if going with a mate in one car but that was pre-euro days where it probably bought him 20 nice belgian hookers, loads of beer, petrol and still had ?180 change.

Chris
14-01-04, 12:30 AM
when people have gone in the past have they travelled from hull or dover?

peester
14-01-04, 07:35 AM
when people have gone in the past have they travelled from hull or dover?

both. northerners from hull; southerners from dover.

novacabrio
14-01-04, 08:49 AM
cost of ferry tickets from dover is about ?50+ depending on when you book, from hull tickets are about ?250+ but if you live up north its worth it for the saving in fuel and travel time! petrol, from hull you are only about 2 hours from where to usual show site and calais is about 4 hours if i remember right! I think the png are having a trip 1st weekend in may combined with a trip to the ring and spa all in one weekend, will keep you posted! :)

dan_mk1
14-01-04, 11:18 AM
id definately be up for it if it was around 200 quid

Chris
14-01-04, 12:28 PM
i have just priced up two ferries: -
hull to zeebrugge - ?324.08, based on two people in a car with no trailer. Sharing a cabin with lunch. Leaving hull 06/05/04 @ 1900, arriving zeebrugge 07/05/04 @ 0830. return journey leaves zeebrugge 11/05/04 @ 1900, arrives hull 12/05/04 @0800.

Dover to Calais - ?110, based on two people in a car with no trailer. Leaving Dover 06/05/04 @ 0700, arriving Calais @ 0830. Then the return goes 11/05/04 @ 1515, but it doesnt give an arrival time.

peester
14-01-04, 06:10 PM
I think the png are having a trip 1st weekend in may combined with a trip to the ring and spa all in one weekend, will keep you posted! :)

yeah so in a group; some $aving$ possible.