PDA

View Full Version : Had the scare of my life today!

Tazzy
12-01-04, 09:55 PM
over my 21 years of existance, ive been in many car crashes (not with me driving i may add!) but none of these were as scary as what happened to me today!

i was driving to lichfield, but as id never taken the root before, i needed to look in a road atlas, simple enough, only, as i looked back up in time, there was a NOBLE GTO in front of me, of which i just managed to brake in time to avoid sliding into the back of it!

A NOBLE GTO, and here is me in a ?500 sh*tter of a Nova (no offence, i love my baby nova with all my heart!) i wasnt speeding or driving dangerously, i just took my eyes of the road for a mere few seconds!

i know it doesnt seem much, but to me, it could of been my life as the owner would of got out of his nice shiny Noble GTO and ripped my head off, i got to my destination with knees trembling (not exactly what i wanted to be like when visiting the ex girlfriend!) lol

my point is guys(and girlies), plan your journeys ahead, but i know you are all smart enough to do so anyway!

which leads me to another quiry about my brakes, but ill post that as another topic!

Dpnova
12-01-04, 09:58 PM
Hope your ok now, at least you didnt crash

nova.pimp
12-01-04, 10:04 PM
they build the noble just down the road from me. awesome motor. glad you didnt bend it. and glad you and your nova are ok. close call mate. :oops:

peester
12-01-04, 10:05 PM
at least the rear lights wouldn't have cost much; a salvage yard would do!!!

nova.pimp
12-01-04, 10:07 PM
lol :D

Tazzy
12-01-04, 10:16 PM
im not too bad now, still a bit shook up knowing i could of rit off a Noble GTO (how much are these cars priced at btw?) and also writing off my life as well if i hit it!

but to make it worst for my pulse rate, as i was coming back into sutton coldfield, a taxi driver in a merc braked suddenly, causing me to slide once again and just avoiding his rear bumper by a foot too foot/half!

i really havent had a good day today, im losing interest in driving, ive prolly travaled about 50 miles today!

a Noble GTO and a Merc - im cursed!!!!!

if you drive long enough, something like this wil catch up with you!

nova.pimp
12-01-04, 10:23 PM
dont worry mate. i t-boned an old coffin dodgers civic once. picture this. hot summers afternoon, 70-75mph, blind left sweeping bend, on a cagiva 125. bang! that was me bored for the rest of the summer. 4k motor bike wrote off and enlarged testicles! if it dont kill ya it makes ya stronger. chin up lad. :D

steve-o
12-01-04, 10:25 PM
they build the engines about 8 miles from me.

i think there about 50k

Tazzy
12-01-04, 10:27 PM
bloody hell, was you hurt?

rob_wilkinson
12-01-04, 10:34 PM
Last summer i nearly side swiped a ferrari 360 modena. He had to swerve to avoid me. I was in a ?200 shitter fiat uno. The look the bloke gave me.

nova.pimp
12-01-04, 10:40 PM
i ached a bit next day. couldnt remember blacking out but i couldnt give me girl one for a few weeks. shocked more than hurt. loved that bike. looked like a ducati 911. i was back at work after 3 days. :evil:

Jim
13-01-04, 07:58 AM
i wasnt speeding or driving dangerously, i just took my eyes of the road for a mere few seconds!

LOL, sorry, I just found this bit funny. Imagine if you had gone it the back of him and the police showed up. Just think what they would have said if you'd have said this to them :|

We've all made mistakes, you just have to learn from them. Next time you'll know to either plan your journey out before hand or pull over to look at the map.

Jim

RJM25R
13-01-04, 08:55 AM
You mean Ducati 916. 911 is a porsche.

I had a Cagiva Mito 125, only cost ?2295 brand new, i think you were ripped at ?4000.

mikeoxford
13-01-04, 11:30 PM
you need sat nav :D

nova.pimp
14-01-04, 12:35 PM
yeah i meant 916. i got mine from a dealer and on finance. so after i'd done paying it cost me about 5.5k. i then got an RS125. brand new and only paid 2700. you've just gotta looook for um! :D