PDA

View Full Version : MR TAX MAN AND HIS NEW FINE

ade
12-01-04, 09:48 PM
this may have been posted before but just incase -

MAKE SURE YOU DONT LET YOUR TAX RUN OUT ON YOUR VAHICLES

If your one day late renewing it you automatically get a fine of ?80 now!

This is reduced to ?40 if you renew within 28 days.

ALSO - make sure that your car is fully sorn'd if off the road (you have to do this annually apparantly) - if not you will also get ?80 fine. Even if its off the road you need to tell them!

if youre a multiple dodger you'll get ?100 fine (minimum) + mr police man calling.

Check out http://www.dvla.gov.uk/newrules/car_tax.htm for more info

:wink:

dave.gsi
12-01-04, 11:08 PM
speeding tickets are set to raise by a fiver too :?

Stuart
13-01-04, 04:48 PM
a very simple answer there. Buy your road tax early, and dont speed (well dont get caught lol).

should be intresting for me to get my road tax when im in a different country lol

RJM25R
13-01-04, 04:52 PM
14 days grace period for the road tax.

a2lt16v
13-01-04, 05:04 PM
. :o

?Marty?
13-01-04, 05:37 PM
In some Countys (mine for example :evil: ) they are handing over power to prosecute 'speeding' to Traffic Wardens, and also introducing a ?100 on the spot fine! Now that my friends, is harsh.

epo
13-01-04, 06:23 PM
got my sorn sent off 4 the sr then sold it 3 days later
just hope andy me mate remebers 2 get 1 for himself

Beano
14-01-04, 04:36 PM
That "14 days grace" tax rule is fookin bollox, if you believe that and then get a fine, don't be surprised! You have been warned.

broony
14-01-04, 04:44 PM
Im lucky when it comes to TAX. I get it for free!!

SKoob
14-01-04, 05:00 PM
will stop the shites driving without insurance and mots etc..

XZiBiT
14-01-04, 05:55 PM
all this money there getting they better repair some damm roads

RJM25R
16-01-04, 09:14 AM
Beano,

Just to clear this up......

Non payment of road tax is a civil offence, not a criminal offence.
Due to the fact that you could, throuh a failed mot for example or being away on holiday, miss your renewal by default as opposed to deliberately, the dvla grant a 14 day grace period. If your car is seen parked on the road or driven in this period it will be reported, and the DVLA computer will flag you put if the renewal is received from the post office within this time no fine will be issued.

I beleive this to be gospel as told to me by the Sales Manager from WILLIAMS BMW, the biggest BM dealer from Manchester. He sells cars new and used and some of them have no tax on when sold (the used ones) and sometimes the V5 has not been received from DVLA for the changeover from the previous owner trading it in at Williams.

If I was issued with the fine, this would be discriminatory, as purchaser's of the used car are exempt for 14 days, so this has to be extended to ALL.

Rick

essexrudeboy
16-01-04, 09:32 AM
tax is bollox, i hit a fcukn pot hole last night and did my tyre in!
council will be getn a call soon!

waste of fcukn money

Aragorn
16-01-04, 12:38 PM
isnt part of DRIVING the vehicle noting hazards on the road?

if theres a fuck off wheel bucking pothole and u hit it its your fault or not paying enough attention or driving too fast

ok it shouldnt be there in the first place but u should be aware of that pot hole just the same as your aware of another vehicle or a few kids playing football at the side of the road

essexrudeboy
16-01-04, 01:36 PM
not if its like a trench across the road and impossible to miss!
they have offered to pay for a new tyre so it must of bin their fault if thy offered staright, didnt even have to produce photo's!