PDA

View Full Version : Would a magnex s/s system for a Nova GTE fit my 1.2i ??

1992nova
12-01-04, 08:41 PM
As above will a magex s/s exhaust system for a 1.6 GTE Nova Fit my 1992 nova 1.2i?

its a cat back system, but i couldnt quite work it out cos a GTE doesnt have a CAT!

so would this full cat back system fit straight on my 1.2i?
or if not what else would i need?

1992nova
13-01-04, 11:29 AM
bump

Adam
13-01-04, 01:40 PM
It might do, but i don't understand why it is a CAT system if the GTE ain't got a Cat, are you sure it ain't for the GSI, i think that have a CAT as they ave multipoint injection like the SRi.
Anyway to make it fit i think you must need to correct downpipe/manifold to fit your engine, it you can some how connect the GTE/GSI exhaust system to your manifold/downpipe then it may work,
but your car 1.2i needs a CAT to pass the MOT, due to the emissions stuff, so if you put it on the you should be OK passing.

Anyone correct me if i am wrong

Will
13-01-04, 02:38 PM
1.2i? H J or K reg?

H and J bin the cat

K you cud prob bin it and blag the mot or.......... prob pass legally with low enough emissions unless its a smokey old engine!

cats are only needed from August 1992

both my novas are cat versions of the gsi, i have binned the cat on both.......... another thing to remember, if the engine is a precat engine.

e.g. C16SE is the cat gsi engine C=cat

E16SE is non cat engine

stick an E16SE in a 1993 shell and you prove it to the tester you will be tested under pre 93 test rules cause the engine is a pre cat engine..... well thats what im doing not that the place where i get mot's will care!

Will
13-01-04, 02:40 PM
sorry, to answer your qn,

the only cat back system were late gsi ones, magnex did make one i have one on my gsi, with cat replacer and 4 branch, anyway not for the GTE, as for fitment, the cat back system on a gsi is different to everything else

different to gte, non cat gsi, the only thing its the same as is the SRI i think.......

might have troucble getting it to fit, saying that i have a zorst not meant for my car that fits, kind of :lol:

Ste_Nova
13-01-04, 02:41 PM
they did gsi's on K with the e16se engine

my k reg 2.0 16v passed fine with no cat

1992nova
13-01-04, 03:52 PM
cheers for the info!

i think i'll leave the exhaust as it seems like alot of hassle!!