PDA

View Full Version : Mk1 to Mk2 conversion .... on a Mk2

nova_rally
12-01-04, 06:52 PM
confused? well let me explain! Car went into bodyshop for 2 new wings. These were fitted last week adnsprayed etc so that car was ready today. Bodyshop phoned me up asking e to coe down there coz they have a problem with 1 of the wings. I get to the bodyshop and I find that on 1 side I have a Mk1 Saloon wing (with the round arch) and on the other I have a Mk1 SR wind with the box arch - and this is on my Mk2 1.4SR! It's now got Mk1 indicators, which look gay so I want to put the Mk2 ones back on. :evil:

Could someone please post a good close up of the front corner of a Mk1 with the bumper off (or of an unfitted Mk1 wing) so I can see if i can just weld a patch on and use some filler to fill the gap? don't want another set of wings! (obviously the Saloon 1 is going to be changed - but that was the suppliers fault so we'll get that for free!)

Thanks,

Alan

(yet another essay..... :lol: )

dave.gsi
12-01-04, 07:30 PM
wtf, tell him he wont be getting paid till he sorts it out

nova_rally
12-01-04, 09:18 PM
The saloon wing will be changed (for a Mk2 version) not too bothered about he other 1 as long as I can modify it....

He's a mate anyway, and considering the state of the car when I got it to him he's done a fantastic job!

Alan

dathers
13-01-04, 01:58 AM
sod that,you want two mk2 wings!!
Dave

nova_rally
13-01-04, 09:37 AM
No I want to do it mysef coz I Can't afford to shell out for another set of wings and I want the car on the road by the end of the week, not sat in the bodyshop for another month. Doesn't anybody just have a pic? :?

Alan

Ste_Nova
13-01-04, 01:59 PM
LMFAO! do it properly of you will look a plonker... your gonna need wings anyway cause they allways die in crashes... and as your rallying.... you willl crash!

dathers
13-01-04, 06:24 PM
Its his mistake getting the wrong wings,he should replace them.
And why has it taken a month,it should only take a day or two to fit and paint a pair of wings.
Like ste says,your just gonna look stupid!
Get him told,cant be much of a bodyshop that gets the wrong wings :roll:
AND takes a month to do it!
Dave

nova_rally
13-01-04, 07:35 PM
Can Someone please just post a pic!? :?

If I crash it I'll be more than happy to put a new wing on, but as I can't afford to do anything else to the car for a while (other than drive it) I'm quite prepared to do a bit of Filling and painting myself!

Best Bodyshop in North Wales - but always about 5 million other jobs that need doing!

I look stupid anyway - I own a Nova.

Alan

mikeoxford
13-01-04, 10:42 PM
you can pick up wings for DIRT cheap!

nova_rally
14-01-04, 06:44 PM
I Don't want new wings! I just want to do it myself!

Alan

Will
14-01-04, 08:18 PM
please listen to ppl they are trying to help, it will looks shit with filler.................

Euan
14-01-04, 08:57 PM
where the cheapest place to get a set of mk2 wings

Kruger
15-01-04, 11:36 AM
FPMSL!

So let me clarify the fiasco, you are going to the trouble of bodging a mk1 wing to fit mk2 indicators to your mk2 nova, because some other fuckwit who sees through his japseye has fucked your car up, Unbelievable!

New wings can be got for under ?20 each!

Please put the name and number up of this bodyshop, so we can all laugh and not have the misfortune of having to deal with them.

nova_rally
15-01-04, 02:07 PM
screw this - Telling me to get new wings is not helping at all!

I don't really care how good it looks as the car's already in at least 3 shades of red as it is. Just needs to look like a Mk2 again so it'll pass Scruitineering.

This car is not for posing, it's only prurpose is to be hammered to hell and for meto get to colege in occasionally.

Alan

SKoob
15-01-04, 02:25 PM
get down the scrap yard, a tenner each for wings, if your lucky they mite even be the same colour as your car :wink:

jkhilton
15-01-04, 05:24 PM
lmfao!!!! looks like you're going to have to search the gallery of cars on here to find a pic. There's plenty to choose from!

John

ps. what about getting new wings??? lol just had to add that, as everyone else has ignored your request for pics aswell!!!!! :roll: :lol: