PDA

View Full Version : Speaker locations in a stripped out rear

Beano
12-01-04, 12:24 PM
I have got a single 12" sub in a box, with an amp, 6x9s on a parcel shelf, and the standard shit in the dash. I have just stripped out the rear of my nova, and im now wondering where the best place to relocate all this stuff to would be? Anyone with experience with this sort of thing?

Also, can anyone explain what the best direction face a sub is, and why? (Because so and so said so is not a reason why!)

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

srs1
12-01-04, 05:55 PM
have a look at ollster's car. he has a false floor in the rear of his car, and it is absolutely mint. he has hid his 6x9's too. as for the sub, if you aint going to keep your spare tyre, then put it in there, one it hides it and second the sound will travel up towards the roof and reflect off the glass to give you a better sound.

novajay
14-01-04, 11:05 AM
ditch the spare and stick the sub in there :lol:
as for the 6x9's try mdf panels on the rear seat side panel thigys :D the ones either side under the window nasty grey colour.
stick em in there works a treat for my mate and gives a wicked sound to the peeps in the back

Dpnova
17-01-04, 12:04 PM
have a look at ollster's car. he has a false floor in the rear of his car, and it is absolutely mint. he has hid his 6x9's too.

Thats the one i was going to say it looks very smart. Put the sub in the wheel well

adey
18-01-04, 04:27 PM
buy the haynes modifying manual for the nova it tells you how to make mdf rear door cards all you got to do is cut 6x9 holes in. job done.