PDA

View Full Version : K&N air filter

Flairing Nova
12-01-04, 12:17 PM
Fitted K&N air filter in a 1.2i engine...sounds phat, runs fine but during every journey the engine control switch (little organe light) comes on now....just wondering if anyone has had a similar problem and if so what you did cos im not paying ?35 for a tech test from Vauxhall.

Thanks, Xs

mikeoxford
13-01-04, 11:06 PM
probably your petrol air mixture leaning out or being too rich.

disconnect the battery for a while and then reattach see what happens, thatll reset the ECU

cant offer any other explanation.

by the way what k&n have you bought as i didnt think they did one for a 1.2i ?

Flairing Nova
13-01-04, 11:38 PM
Thats what i thought - too much air.

I'll try the battery thing..in the mean time is this buggering up my engine!?

I brought it off someone on here.

Xs

novaman2003
14-01-04, 03:27 PM
they only make the k&n bolt on for a 1.2 with a pierburg 1b1 carb. you can get a green cotton induction kit for a 1.2i. who did you buy the filter off because i paid for one about 3 months ago and am still waiting

Flairing Nova
15-01-04, 07:50 PM
It's def a 1.2i nova and its def a k&N air filter!!!

I got it off aaragon or something like that!
Nice bloke :)

Xs

epo
15-01-04, 09:49 PM
if the problem carries on u can read ur fault codes ur self

it tells u how 2 do it here
ive had 2 do mine

www.topbuzz.co.uk

Flairing Nova
16-01-04, 10:26 AM
Thanks for the site hun - what is the actual section its under as i cant find it anywhere!!!?

Xs

Aragorn
16-01-04, 12:14 PM
its a corsa spi top box and k&n cone

u shouldnt have any issues with that - i never did

check the error codes by sticking a paperclip over pins A and B (i think) of the diag plug under the bonnet then turn on the ignition and read the codes off the diag light

it will be using more air but your lambda probe will simply adjust the fuelling to match

theres a guide here:
http://www.topbuzz1.carenthusiasts.co.uk/info/fault_codes/fault_codes.htm

Flairing Nova
16-01-04, 12:57 PM
I dont think theres a problem hun, just getting too much air into it...ive read that link (thank u) and it appears okish to do so ill try it!!!

If anybody is reading this post and has remote central locking for sale pm me :)

Thanks,

Xs

epo
16-01-04, 07:18 PM
Thanks for the site hun - what is the actual section its under as i cant find it anywhere!!!?

Xs

i jsut went 2 search typed in ecu came up with a link