PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP PLS

crazychris1234
12-01-04, 01:35 AM
i have a nova sr thats had a 1.6 single point engine put in it iv got problems with it the engine cariess on running sometimes and iv had the timing done twice i use it do get me to uni every day and in the same place it cuts out and wont start for a bit and some times when im driving i can feel that its losed power and when i try to accelerate it splurts and coughs. has anyone ever had this problem and dose anyone know what the cause is and how i can fix it???? id be very greatfull for any help thanks chris..

XZiBiT
12-01-04, 11:36 AM
try fittin a gte/gsi multi point injection system sounds like it aint gettin fuel

Dicko
12-01-04, 11:50 AM
take 1 of the plugs out and have a look, what colour is it?

think its possibl that if the engine is running rich for the valve to get so clogged up the engine carries on runing after u switch it off, would also give running problems.

apart from that i dont know but then again i dont like spi engines :P

crazychris1234
12-01-04, 11:23 PM
cheers mates il give it a try im testing it tomorow cos i striped the carb and rebuilt it today and found a couple of vacum hoses split so iv replaced them so il know 2morrow if thats helped but if not il defanatly try your advise

peester
12-01-04, 11:43 PM
1.6 single point! you are crazy,chris. its a sign; multi-point is calling.

Neil.
13-01-04, 12:45 AM
it could be your earth point for your fule pump, its buy the lock for your boot, just by the left of it, i had 1.6 spi, ran fine apart from not alot of power due to not enough fuel.

crazychris1234
13-01-04, 12:49 AM
cheers il check that earth out 2morrow and let you know how it gose

mikeoxford
13-01-04, 11:07 PM
i had 1.6 spi.

and you still "have" till tuesday :lol: