PDA

View Full Version : Whats wrong

L1OONEY
11-01-04, 01:50 PM
Hi ive got a 1ltr nova at the moment and shes looking pretty smart although every so often its starts to shake asif its got no fuel, when it has, its just u never know when its going to happen ive bought a new point for the distribitor(cant spell) still fcukin up tho just gone out and bought some new spark plugs and new leads if this doesnt work have you and ideas what it is?
Shes well maintaind and looked after and now this is the only problem weaint soving so quick cheers.....................................

General Baxter
11-01-04, 03:14 PM
does it just happen when ticking over? with no choke

as mine only does it then

nova_rally
11-01-04, 03:30 PM
Try changing the Air Filter - my old car used to do exactly that untill I put the K&N on it. Was at it's worst if you started it from cold without choke.

Alan

L1OONEY
12-01-04, 12:05 AM
No it ticks over ok does start good bout 3rd time well we have changed plugs cables distribitor pionts so it has to be the carb it just doesnt want to put no effort it and if it aint the carb its fuel cylinders are ok when we started it at 1 point it had a weak spot like it would rev so far splutter then carry on reving we put some carb cleaner in abd it went fine until i put more fuel in, before you think i am puttin the right fuel in (unleaded) arggghhhhhhhh its winding me up any ideas what else i could look for if a new carb and if it aint fuel cheers........