PDA

View Full Version : New comer !!!

AMT
10-01-04, 02:30 AM
Hi 2 all

I have a Nova 1.6 GTE (K reg) that I bought for ? 250.Its all standerd and has a good service history.As Im from South Africa I need advise on what mods can be done to the little dream.Runs verey well but bod looking age.
Plaese advise
PS:Will send pics when I get hold of camra.......... :evil:

srs1
10-01-04, 09:18 AM
welcome to nl, aint a k-plate a gsi and not a gte!

all you have to do is ask and you will get the whole countries opion from us lot on here. happy motoring :D

Mark
10-01-04, 09:33 AM
Welcome, and yes it should be a GSi...

AMT
10-01-04, 01:26 PM
Its a F plate not a K.Thanx 4 That I get mixed up between the Nova,Rover & Renault plates. :evil:

ade
10-01-04, 06:15 PM
lol m8. welcome to the site!

mods wise theres tons you can do - post up some pics so we can see.

what are you after for the car? looks or power or both?

whats your budget?

how knowledgable are you arround cars?

and what do you like?

best thing to do is trawl the gallery pages and take inspiration from peeps cars there - then start to save - some mods are free/dirt cheap - others like body kits are a little more expensive.

depends what your after.

1st thing I'd do is give it a bloody good full service, change cam belt and then tidy it up. not a mod as such but that way you get to see all the nooks and crannies of the car - like hidden rust etc...just make sure its ok to get through next mot if it close.

starter mods usually involve debadging, removing side vynal (if it has it) - generally cleaning ther car up (sorting rust spots out) - stick a decent air filter on, back box (if your into noise), change the alloys for a set of 15" OR 16" (or bigger if thats your thing), lower it by changing the springs and shocks (gmax kits start at ?190 for 60mm springs and shocks all round and are v good), tinting the glass, get a decent stereo and speakers, bee sting ariel - the list goes on...

oh - and get it alarmed and immobalised - gte/gsi's and novas in general are easy to get into and the last thing you want is for it to get nicked!

ade

Ben3042
11-01-04, 03:08 AM
Sharmone brother :D

Welcome to Novaload mate