PDA

View Full Version : I'm now insured on a 2ltr nova for ?573

Neil.
10-01-04, 02:10 AM
yep, thats right, im 20, 1 yrs NCB and am now insured on a 2ltr nova.
Phoned up Liverpool Victoria today as i got re-newel through post today and wanted to know some info on how NCB works and that as ive got clio on same insurance, then at end of convosation i asked about conversions and she said they dont insure on conversions, i thought this was funny as im sure few ppl on here are insured on 2ltr novas with LV, i told her this and she said,
'vauxhall dont make 2ltr nova's' i told her i knew this and she insisted they wouldn't insure me on it.

so thinking that she didnt know what she was on about i phoned up again and got a different girl,

told her same thing about thinking of putting a bigger engine in, she went away and then came back and said as ive already got engine modifications on my insurance that whatever i did to engine wouldn't matter and i dont need to tell them, i then stated that it would be a much bigger engine with lots more power ect and she said ok, let me check, off she went again and came back and said it was fine. after picking my self off the floor i saked about premuim costs, she said,
as ive already paid the extra for engine modifications i wont need to make any extra payment, i said, even tho its a bigger engine size, she said no!

All mods ive declared are:-

Engine/Carburetta(cant spell it)
Exhaust
Body kit
Tints
Alloys/tyre

think there's more but cant remember, its al on my certificate.

so now with the biggest grin on my face i asked for it in writing, she said there isn't anything they can send out but that to take her name and time of convo and if i have any trouble they can find the convo on the record as they are all recorded.

I've just one thing to say,

WWWWWWOOOOOOHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOO!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

mikeoxford
10-01-04, 02:19 AM
8) lets just hope the women of sheffield who decide to bash your car dont manage to bump you in this baby! :lol:

i still cant believe it even when you text me in the early parts of this morning. i was sickened by it!

theres no justice in this world!

Mark
10-01-04, 09:30 AM
You lucky, lucky b**tard...lol

:wink:

Aragorn
10-01-04, 09:57 AM
ah the good old engine and carburettor modifications :D

im on the same thing

the only scary part is where it still says "Vauxhall NOVA with 993cc engine" :roll:

anyways im paying ?850 at 19 with one fault claim and 1 years ncb

Adam Moran
10-01-04, 10:26 AM
engine and carburettor modifications

I'm also on the same thing.

My cars been of the road since October and i was going to cancell the insurance until i found out that they dont do this type anymore.

I pay about ?800 FC for a 1.6T40 with ALL mods declared and a 1.2 5 door.

I'm 22 1 years ncb.

Ad

Dicko
10-01-04, 11:14 AM
sd you tried HIC?

mates just beec insured for 2l 16v corsa at ?520 tpft, was told ?720 for FC. seen as hes had 3 fualt accidents that aint bad!

Jim
10-01-04, 12:05 PM
Isn't it an 8v engine Neil? If so you might want to put that in your post to avoid any confusion for people who have the 16v Engine.

Jim

locky
10-01-04, 12:11 PM
Also, if you change the internals they wont need to be told, due to the fact that on the paper it states engine modifications, well thats what i was told when i fitted the ind kit :|

Snowface
10-01-04, 12:23 PM
well done. That'll save u a few pennies on ur conversion.

Guys, i'm on Liverpool Victoria and wanted to know how much extra you pay for *Engine and carnurettor modifications*? Is it an extra?

Cause at the moment they think my Nova is a standard 1.3 merit, i told em it had been lowered and they said fine, but i have done quite a bit to engine including Cam and Weber 32/34.

I would like to declare them but i thought u had to send car to engineer to get a report and so on so on.

So how much is it for u guys? And when u call em what do u ask for?

Barn
10-01-04, 04:50 PM
weird that, that one person told u one thing and then another person told u another...they did the same to me. cant complain though got a good quote

Neil.
10-01-04, 04:58 PM
The 2ltr is an 8v but i would be aloud to put a 16v in if i wanted.
Oh and this cover is fully comp.

snowface, phone up and say
'hi i was just wondering if i was to do this to nova would it alter the premium?'
then they will tell u no or say yes it will and tell u the quote, then say, ok i might think about do that to my car or say ok i wont do it, then just phone back later and say u wanna do it if ur aloud.

dan16v
10-01-04, 05:16 PM
im leaving l/v this year for the above reason, one person tells you one thing and another says something else! dodgy soon find out if some one has a big accident! i dont like the fact that on the insurance certificate you get it never says that you hav a bigger engine in there :?
fully comp is pritty pointless also when the car value book price is prolly ?800! if you hit some one and needed say a new bumper u wouldnt go through the insurance would you!??
only time fully comp is a plus is if it lets you drive other ppls cars, which in l/v's case it doesnt! :evil:

i want some where that will do agreed ins valueations this year!

Stanton
10-01-04, 05:28 PM
i wudnt drive dans car if the insurancs company only thought it was worth 800 quid!!!!

wrigleys
10-01-04, 07:23 PM
what a result! well done mate, liverpool victoria are good like that though, I've got a 1.6 nova, I'm 19, no NCB, and 3 points on my licence for speeding :oops: , and I'm paying ?723, fully comp! :D

Ste_Nova
10-01-04, 07:24 PM
right... my ?500 spent with LV gets me

2.0 16v, wheels/tyres, exhaust, lowered, garaged
1.4 8v, wheels/tyres, exhaust, lowered, kept outside

both fully comp, drive any other car 3rd party, any girl over 21 with clean licencem, ?250 xs

wrigleys
10-01-04, 07:48 PM
no your just showing off :evil:

Snowface
10-01-04, 11:05 PM
cheers Nova-Neil

Neil.
11-01-04, 12:42 AM
no prob snowface, let me knwo how u get on.

Will
11-01-04, 12:59 AM
The 2ltr is an 8v but i would be aloud to put a 16v in if i wanted.
Oh and this cover is fully comp.

Whats the excess? and the book value of the car? are the figures the same or very similar?

yer............

then fully comp is pretty pointless, lol

I thought you were meant to have full NCB? now its 1 year, i see its correct now :P

Neil.
11-01-04, 01:05 AM
yes will, 1 yrs NCB, and not sure about book value, dunno why ive got it in fully comp, worked about about ?10 more or summit silly like that.
Excess is ?500, hence insurance being so cheap, but i look at it this way, if i was to do more then ?500 worth of damage myself by crashing it then it would be a write-off. but if anyone else hits be, would be 4th time next time then obviously they pay for damage.

Oh and i got authorisation to have the side of my car repaired, only took 5 months!

Fester
11-01-04, 01:35 AM
fully comp is pointless with LV, the cover is probably worth about ?600, it would be worth sacking it, pissing the tenner up the wall and just accepting the loss in an own fault situation and not losing the NCB

IMO

Neil.
11-01-04, 01:55 AM
see your point fester.

Ben3042
11-01-04, 03:09 AM
LV it is then :D

steve-o
11-01-04, 10:57 AM
i was with LV and got told by one bloke they would cover me and when i rang back to take the polocy out they told me they wouldnt do it.

at least now with HIC although it cost me about ?60 more thsanit would with LV they know everything, not jusat 'engine mods' they knows its a convertion and everything doen to it.

Ste_Nova
11-01-04, 11:24 AM
i only went fully comp casuse it was cheaper!

Barn
11-01-04, 02:38 PM
i only went fully comp casuse it was cheaper!
same with me, was cheaper going FC than TPFT, so I went fully comp

johnnynova
11-01-04, 04:20 PM
lucky bastards i pay ?1100 for a 1.2 nova with aftermarket wheels declared insured in kent (near margate) its fully comp, im 18 with no ncb and 1 part fault claim addmitted and no driving offences or points! where do you get these cheap insurances from i have tried loads of companies and some even try and charge ?2500+ crazy! i live in london and to insure it hear wud cot me ?3000+ it takes the piss!!

Ste_Nova
11-01-04, 06:03 PM
i live in the middle of knowhere.... i'm 27... thats how