PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good idea?

tom_beverley
09-01-04, 11:14 PM
Ive just bought a JBL 10" 1000w sub as the start of my setup and before i buy anything else i thought id ask you guys if its a good idea or not since you have more knowledge of ice than i do!

Im planning on getting another 10" sub (thinkin about pioneer or kenwood about 700w) as they are on different frequenies so i can get a better sound rite??? Then im planning on buyin a Kicker 12" square sub and a good pair of tweeters, ive already got sum good 6x9s.

Im thinkin im gunna need 3 amps (dont know wot power)??? 1 to run the 2 10" subs (2x500w?), 1 for the 12" (1x1000w?) and 1 for the tweeters (?), with the 6x9s running of the headunit. Sound alrite or am i way off?

Also im bugged about what RMS means, the sub ive got is 250w RMS and 1000w peak.

Any help greatly appreciated

tom

epo
09-01-04, 11:22 PM
i was told runnin 2 different subs would sound shit due 2 one not keepin up with the other
but am runnin a 12" alpine and a 10" rock punch
am gunna be runnin 2 10's and a 12 soon

as 4 the tweeters dont u need cross overs or ull blow em

why either not bother with the 6x9's and get componants or not bother with the 6x9's as they have built in tweeters

Ben3042
11-01-04, 01:03 AM
Nah that would be not be a good idea like epo says. if you want a loud system then get another 10" jbl (the same as what you have got) and a 15" such as Rockford fosgate, Kicker, Audiobahn, or even jbl.

The two 10's will give you the tight punchy bass and the 15" will give you the ultra low sub bass.

Use a two channel amp to power the two 10's and a two chanel amp bridged down to one channle to power the 15"

Then get a set of component speakers mounted in the front doors and another set mounted in the rear (either the rear qauarter cards or the rear shelf, you can run these from the head unit.

Dont forget to dynamat your car though :lol:

tom_beverley
11-01-04, 03:43 PM
thanks for your help ill go for anotha jbl for now then and then save up for a 15" bastard haha! Wouldnt 6x9s be almost the same as components in the rear i dont really know the difference! I think ill get sum components for the front door cards.

Can anyone tell me wot RMS on the sub means?

cheers

Kingsleykock
11-01-04, 05:54 PM
RMS is a scientific term--it means "root mean square" and for the sake of simplicity, it means the given power rating tells you the maximum output level that you can sustain, whereas a power rating would otherwise indicate the peak level; this generally makes Watts RMS a more realistic figure

Ben3042
11-01-04, 10:44 PM
6x9s provide both bass and treble, you dont realy need 6x9's as you have the subs the components are better because the will provide better trebble ect.