PDA

View Full Version : REAR DISC CONVERS

Anonymous
21-08-00, 12:56 PM
Can someone give me some info on a rear disc conversion for my nova? what discs should i use? Does it depend on the year/model of my nova? will i need new rear suspension? Is there any welding involved ? cheers in

Anonymous
21-08-00, 02:09 PM
need a new axle mate

Anonymous
21-08-00, 02:40 PM
new axle? from what type of car? i've heard an Astra GTE axle does the job, but isnt the astra wider than the nova? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous
21-08-00, 06:18 PM
Astra GSi axle, its gotta have rear discs already. Youll have to cut it down to the right size. Alternatively chek out the trader i saw one for sale the other day...

Anonymous
22-08-00, 09:12 AM
Take a late nova axle, cut off the 10mm plates from the towers, weld on new ones, drill to take the astra stub, use half a nova h'brake cable and half an astra cable. Easy.

Anonymous
22-08-00, 09:26 AM
cheers andy, but forgive me for being thick as shit, im only new to this nova moddin'. what 10mm plates are you talking about? and what are towers? drill where? please help...

Anonymous
22-08-00, 06:14 PM
dear me!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous
23-08-00, 08:45 AM
Take your nova axle and unbolt the drums,stub axles and backplates. The sticky up bit they were bolted to is the 'tower'. You will notice a 10mm plate on the outside of the tower, grind this off. Weld a new plate in place of this one with the correct bolt pattern for the astra stub axle. Bolt it all together.

Alternatively pay somebody to do it.

Anonymous
29-08-00, 09:02 PM
On the same subject, how about some more info? What's the go with the handbrake cable? I hear a proportioning valve is needed, plus a change of M/C? Is there a guide to it anywhere?
Cheers!!