PDA

View Full Version : Different sized GSI alloys

moffat sri
09-01-04, 07:17 PM
My car is in a garage gettin some pre-MOT work and it has 4 GSI 3spokes on it at the minute. One of the things gettin done is 2 new tyres. I caled into the garage earlier on today to see how it was doing. It turns out that 1 of the alloys is slightly different from the others because when they put it on the front, the wheel was catching on the calliper and would not turn, so they put it on the back instead(they are standard sri brakes). Has anyone had this problem before?
When my mate who works there looked at the wheels, he saw a difference. Without the centre caps on the wkeels you can see a couple of information codes, eg, ET49 (offset) and other things. opposite the offset there is a GM badge, followed by GF on the 3 wheels, but on the different wheel, it is GM DT. This is the one that wouldn't turn. Whats the crack with that? Anyone who has these wheels, just take the centre cap off and see if they are GM GF or GM DT.

Sorry for the long post but it's got me confused so i had to explain it properly.

Aragorn
09-01-04, 09:02 PM
maybe the one thats catching is a 4.5j wheel (older) and the rest are 5J wheels??

PS: J = width in inches

moffat sri
10-01-04, 08:05 PM
Oh right. Yeah, 4.5 something or other does seem familiar. I think i saw that on the different wheel.

Ste_Nova
11-01-04, 11:27 AM
early sr wheel

4.5 wide 49mm offset

later ones are

5 wide and 47.5 offset