PDA

View Full Version : The Box...

ade
09-01-04, 06:43 PM
seeing as how I cant really do any work on me model at the mo due to me finger injury I thought I'd knock up a test display box for the model.

Here's some pics. Edges will be in black by the way (didnt have any black card at the time).

http://img3.photobucket.com/albums/v13/danga/backres4.jpg

http://img3.photobucket.com/albums/v13/danga/backres3.jpg

http://img3.photobucket.com/albums/v13/danga/backres2.jpg

http://img3.photobucket.com/albums/v13/danga/backres1.jpg

these are the 1st outlines for Mikes box - 0001!

Let me know what you think

(note its not his car thats featured and the model is incomplete obviously plus the inside will have a different image)

ade
:)

Jim
09-01-04, 06:49 PM
Looks really good Ade :)

Jim

Alex
09-01-04, 06:52 PM
looks fantastic Ade :D

Alex

Euan
09-01-04, 07:08 PM
1st class ade.

didnt realise they were gonna be as pro looking!

epo
09-01-04, 07:22 PM
1st class ade.

didnt realise they were gonna be as pro looking!

agreed looks mint!!!

Dave
09-01-04, 07:40 PM
my god that looks good ade!
propper pro job!

krobinson
09-01-04, 07:58 PM
Fantastic ade!

I bloody cant wait to get mine :D

locky
09-01-04, 08:18 PM
That is fooooooooking awsome! 8)

Mel
09-01-04, 10:34 PM
wow..that is amasing..

anyone wanna lend me the money to get a model? lol

shanehandley
09-01-04, 10:41 PM
how much are they?

epo
09-01-04, 10:44 PM
says on the wb site

?60

Mark
09-01-04, 11:02 PM
That is super cool Ade! - Well done!

Will everyone's box have their spec on the back?

Snowface
09-01-04, 11:06 PM
Nice.
on a diff topic ade, have you still got the part number for The RamAir filter for a Weber 32/34 DMTL?

Neil.
10-01-04, 02:29 AM
loks fantastic ade, will the cars come with alloys, like blue chrome ones? :wink:

Riggy
10-01-04, 09:18 AM
looks fantastic mate will be puttin my name down for one

XZiBiT
10-01-04, 11:20 AM
oh my god "PROPS TO ADE" your the man i wont my model nova now all hail to king ade they look fantastic mate

Dare-devil
10-01-04, 03:55 PM
Awesome work m8. :wink: :D

ade
10-01-04, 06:07 PM
thanks for the comments guys!

8)

yes they will have custom spec sheets on the back specific to the car within.

the interiors will also be customised - your choice

prices for basic gsi spec kitted car start from ?60.

wlloys are made based on those on the car at the time (unles mega complicated in which case I'll simplify) - unsure anout blue chrome though - may need to "tinker" to mimick the effect...

my fingers much better today although have to leave the stitches in for a few more days - still not much sensation in it -0 feels like a dentists anasthetic thats just wearing off - more a sensation of touch than actually feeling anything :?

plan to complete the 1st cast today/tomorrow and then I can recast it and really start production.

website's also being redesigned as we speak...

ade

dave.gsi
10-01-04, 10:38 PM
looking good mate, you made a slight mistake in mikes spec sheet though........

you missed off whale tail lol

AnThoNYnOvA
10-01-04, 10:46 PM
wats the background in the box gonna be plain or a design like lots of cars around it or a street .

Ben3042
10-01-04, 11:58 PM
There shit hot mate, youll sell loads of them, like the idea of the custom dials aswell mate.

Nice one :D

Jules
11-01-04, 07:35 AM
Box looks very very nice indeed, but one thing - Do Vauxhall mind (or know) that you're using their copyrighted logo?

I can't see many reasons why they'd have a problem with it (Apart from them not making any money from it of course) but they might not want themselves associated with it for various reasons, maybe a child swallows a small part - rumours might spread that Vauxhall had something to do with it's production because the 'Griffin logo' was on the box.

Just a thought.

Mark
11-01-04, 10:29 AM
Do they know about the one in your sig Jules? :D 8)

Jules
11-01-04, 06:04 PM
Probably not but I can't see a small child swallowing it and Vauxhall getting the associated with it!!

Just something I thought of and thought it might be worth pointing out - I'd hate to see Ade get a nasty letter from the Vauxhall legal department!!

Philsutton
11-01-04, 06:29 PM
looks very good, will you be making them in 5 door versions by any chance?

ade
12-01-04, 09:56 PM
Jules - good points - the box does have in big letters on the side the following -

CAUTION!
This is not a toy. Dor Display purposes only.
Not suitable for children of any age. Contains small parts

Then right at the bottom I've added -

Ther Vauxhall Logo and Vauxhall nameare registerred trademarks of Vauxhall motors (europe).

I've not Vauxhall yet - to be honest the production run will be so small I dont think there will be an impact - however I'll be drafting them an email and images once completed - the models are only available to order to enthusiasts and those that have/like novas. not like these mass produced die cast metal imports that are everywhere now adays.

The image inside can be pretty much anything you want.

And yess there are plans for a 5 door and saloon one - eventually.

New website coming soon...

ade

Dpnova
12-01-04, 10:00 PM
Mate the boxes look qualitly along with the cars. well done mate

nova m@rk
13-01-04, 01:28 AM
me too mk1 SR please

Jules
13-01-04, 11:52 AM
Jules - good points - the box does have in big letters on the side the following -

CAUTION!
This is not a toy. Dor Display purposes only.
Not suitable for children of any age. Contains small parts

Then right at the bottom I've added -

Ther Vauxhall Logo and Vauxhall nameare registerred trademarks of Vauxhall motors (europe).

I've not Vauxhall yet - to be honest the production run will be so small I dont think there will be an impact - however I'll be drafting them an email and images once completed - the models are only available to order to enthusiasts and those that have/like novas. not like these mass produced die cast metal imports that are everywhere now adays.

The image inside can be pretty much anything you want.

And yess there are plans for a 5 door and saloon one - eventually.

New website coming soon...

ade

Nice - glad to hear it, just thought I'd mention it in case you'd overlooked it - Carry on with your excellent work!!
:D