PDA

View Full Version : Read this >>>

Anonymous
30-03-01, 03:07 PM
To settle an ongoing arguement with a mate, does a turbo'd car (such as an RS turbo etc) need to be chipped to be able to fit a dump valve? He says that there is not enough pressure in the engine as standard for u to fit a dump valve...is he full of shit?

so to sum it up...he rekons that the car has to be chipped to be able to fit a dump valve

does it?!?!?

[ged_bong]

Charlotte Church ?...I would ;)
Sarah Louise Platt ?...I would ;)
The girl off the film Leon ?...I would ;)
If i was chinese i'd be called Pokemyoung

WWW.ROYBACER.CO.UK
Ged@roybacer.co.uk

Anonymous
30-03-01, 03:11 PM
sarah louise is like 17 or 18 , so would I!!

what about that american girl kaci??

she is 13 !!

she looks at least 17.

i feel dirty

bad bwoy tings a gwan!!

Anonymous
30-03-01, 03:14 PM
Back to the question in hand...do u have to chip a turbo car to be able to fit a dump valve?

[ged_bong]

WWW.ROYBACER.CO.UK
Ged@roybacer.co.uk

Anonymous
30-03-01, 03:14 PM
Back to the question in hand...do u have to chip a turbo car to be able to fit a dump valve?

[ged_bong]

WWW.ROYBACER.CO.UK
Ged@roybacer.co.uk

Anonymous
30-03-01, 03:22 PM
dont think so... could be wrong though :'>

Anonymous
30-03-01, 03:23 PM
i would kaci

[naked_davo] Suck my D1ck Biach!

Anonymous
30-03-01, 03:25 PM
you dont have to chip a turbo to fit a dump valve. as for pressure the dump valve just gets rid of air(which is handy)
if u up the pressure you will only blow up standard hoses and poss engine.
every turbo has a dump valve its just they dont all go tsssssssssssshhhhhhh

Anonymous
30-03-01, 04:46 PM
i think it helps but it aint essential

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
30-03-01, 06:24 PM
No you dont have to and i ma 100% sure of that.

Turbos have Recirculating dump valves as standard. This means that thy dont make the noise they put the air back through, which is better for the turbo.

B-) When you become a Taxi driver, is it compulsary to have a lobotomy?

[pug_dog]

Anonymous
30-03-01, 09:16 PM
yep that girl off corrie i would dont know about the others though

THAT BIRD OF BROOKY (THE BLONDE ONE EMMA I THINK?)

DEFO WOULD!!!!! :)

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
30-03-01, 11:53 PM
u mean emily dontcha micky, yer she is quite fit... I like da schoolgirl look :D

Anonymous
31-03-01, 01:39 AM
PERV!

(I would too!)

Anonymous
31-03-01, 09:11 PM
all turbos wil go tssshhhhh when u fit a dump valve, it dont have to be chipped.

adding a dump valve actually reduces performance, but increases the reliabilty of a turbo.
if u dont have a dump valve, when u change gear the pressure builds up ready to go in turbo, when it starts spinning again the pressure is already there meaning less lag and more response.
if u have ur actuator set to give loadsa boost and have no dump valve to much pressure can build up, when its let through the sudden pressure burst can fuck ur turbo.
so if this is the case u fit a dump valve to release this high pressure in gear changes. thus saving ur expensive blower but actualy losing a bit of response.

Anonymous
31-03-01, 09:13 PM
all turbos wil go tssshhhhh when u fit a dump valve, it dont have to be chipped.

adding a dump valve actually reduces performance, but increases the reliabilty of a turbo.
if u dont have a dump valve, when u change gear the pressure builds up ready to go in turbo, when it starts spinning again the pressure is already there meaning less lag and more response.
if u have ur actuator set to give loadsa boost and have no dump valve to much pressure can build up, when its let through the sudden pressure burst can fuck ur turbo.
so if this is the case u fit a dump valve to release this high pressure in gear changes. thus saving ur expensive blower but actualy losing a bit of response.

oh yeh kaci, definitly, church mmmmmmmmm prob

Anonymous
01-04-01, 12:29 AM
U dont need chip! Its true that some dump valves need a higher pressure to operate. So if u fitted an RS turbo rated vavle to a uno turbo with a lower pressure turbo unit it may not have enough pressure to switch the valve and go paaatssssssss.

Anonymous
01-04-01, 12:15 PM
more pressure more tisshh... they dump valve does increase performance coz i gets the pressure out which allows the turbo to carry on spinning which reduces pick a lag time if no dump valve the pick up time is greater. Why would Rally cars have them is they reduced performance. That is where they where developed in the first place!!

RobDmr@aol.com
xr2 ??? i'd rather walk!

Anonymous
01-04-01, 01:51 PM
but they dont give you more hp!! they just keep it available

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
01-04-01, 10:37 PM
ttttttttttttttttttttttsssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhh!!mint!

Anonymous
02-04-01, 09:16 PM
Not more hp but i noticed a difference when i had my dump valve fitted.
The turbo was more responsive, i could change gear then floor it and the turbo would never stop spinning.

B-) When you become a Taxi driver, is it compulsary to have a lobotomy?

[pug_dog]