PDA

View Full Version : 1.4SRi for ?400-good price?

Adam
09-01-04, 02:44 PM
i know someone who has got a blue 1.4 SRi for sale for ?400, being a SRi it must be the newer mark 2 cus the relaced the SR, so it is either H,J,K reg. It has only done 52,000 miles, and has tax to the end of this month and MOT to the end of March. Now, i am 17 and currently have a provisonal(i am taking lessons), how much am i looking at for an insurance premium, the car is group 7.
Do you think the car is worth the money, it is just standard, not modded.Sorry i don't know much else about it

Dpnova
09-01-04, 02:49 PM
Cars worth the money as long as its not rotten but it will be expensive for you to insure trust me,

Will
09-01-04, 02:50 PM
SR was in the mk2 range and SRI took it over during

it will be a J or k reg 1992 or 1993

depending on the condition of the shell itnerior various other little things for ?400 its a good price.

be aware 52,000 miles is easy to advertise but harder to backup with evidence, for example, how do you know its not 152k? these cars are older, even the newest is over 10 yrs old now.

Again there is nothing wrong with a 152k engine if its looked after

my gsi has done the best part of 130,000 miles and it still runs well as it was serviced regularly before i owned it and i have done 3 oil changes since i brought it and have done abt 14,000 miles or so, and a new set of plugs and leads etc etc........

at the end of the day you cant really go that wrong or ?400, perhaps take sum1 with you who knows a bit abt cars and even novas if thats possible!

where abts are you from?

As for insurance at 17 it wont be cheap, but try Liverpool victoria for a fair price, id say around ?1200 you will be looking at provided your planning on taking your own policy out, im far from asying you should get your parents to insure it and ad you as a named driver as thats fronting in insurance terms, but the prices even since i was 17 are stupid so its sumthing to think about........

Will

Adam
09-01-04, 03:01 PM
But that is a problem, i don't know anyone that has had a Nova or knows much about cars. I know sum stuff but not really enough to find a potential fault.
Also, as the tax runs out in about 20days how can i get it taxed if you need an insurance document to get it taxed. the car will just be left round the back of my house until i pass my test, so i don't want a tax fine before i have even got my license. ave you seen that advert on t.v. about the automatic fine.
Does it still need taxing if it is not on the road and the DVLA is made aware that it is off the road,
thanks for the super quick repsonses

Dpnova
09-01-04, 03:03 PM
sorn, cant remeber if i spelt it right or what it means but you apply for one of these and its proof your car is off the road

Adam
09-01-04, 03:14 PM
So i could keep it in my back garden(parent permitting) with no tax and not get fined.
Also Will i am from Stoke

Dpnova
09-01-04, 03:20 PM
Yeah parent permiting :lol:

Will
09-01-04, 03:22 PM
pm dicko hes from stoke :P he might help you, hehe

yes SORN "satatory off road notfication"

fill that out on the reminder form and take it to post office or post (no charge) and thats fine, then we you put it on the road and get insurance or whatever then take that and the mot cert with you along with V5 and the form u can fill in and get from post office and tax it jobs a good one!

Adam
09-01-04, 03:29 PM
Cheers for all your help

Ste_Nova
09-01-04, 04:19 PM
lol me and dicko should look at it... you will either get it for ?200 or you won't be having it at all :lol:

Dpnova
09-01-04, 04:19 PM
lol

epo
09-01-04, 07:06 PM
couldnt u get the AA out or summat like that 2 look at it?

Snowface
09-01-04, 11:09 PM
insurance would be more than ?1200 i would have thought. They are the third most desirable Nova to Steal and go fairly well.

Dicko
10-01-04, 02:20 AM
cool i dont mind looking

suprisingly enough i saw a red sri earlier for sale :P didnt see price

dan_mk1
10-01-04, 02:57 AM
insurance would be more than ?1200

much more i would have thought, i was paying 1500 on a 1.2 at 18 with no ncb, being 17 its gonna be even more for you

Dicko
10-01-04, 11:16 AM
your from croydon wot do you expect?

well hes picked a good car to start with its all if the insurance kills it?

only group 7 but pretty rapid :D

masterclarkson
10-01-04, 12:00 PM
i don't see why you can't just be a named driver. i did it when i was 17 on a 1.3sr when they were worth about ?2500 +. I think it was about ?800. the insurance co will never be able to prove u drive it every day! As for buying the car, just do it and worry about what ur parents say later. at least u've got it then. u can tell i'm its worth ?1000 and you got a real bargain. Just don't drive like a 17 year old as you'll wrap it round a tree and probably kill yourself along with innocent bystanders. You'll be stung on insurance until your at least 21 so just bend the rules slightly and you'll be sweet.

dan_mk1
12-01-04, 08:33 AM
your from croydon wot do you expect?

lol! it aint that bad! why does every1 get the impression croydon is a shit hole?!?! :lol:

Nath
12-01-04, 08:45 AM
hi m8 i spend alot of time in stoke so if u need a hand let me know. but anyway if u dont want the car im damn sure i will!! i can give u advice on insurance if u need it m8. as im only 17 and insured on my nova for ?495!

just pm me or add my msn at silky_nath@hotmail.com

Will
12-01-04, 10:10 AM
hi m8 i spend alot of time in stoke so if u need a hand let me know. but anyway if u dont want the car im damn sure i will!! i can give u advice on insurance if u need it m8. as im only 17 and insured on my nova for ?495!

just pm me or add my msn at silky_nath@hotmail.com

lmfao i was insured on my nova at 17 for ?360 without anyone using any ncb :P

it would only be around the ?1200 mark imo under your own name or bend the rules, im sure jbobo will explain how as ive told enough ppl on heere how to do it, whether its a good idea is a complete different issue. Just cause i did it doesnt mean its a good thing, i mean i couldnt afford to insure my nova after buying ti for ?900 so ?360 over 12 months was a bargain, cheapest insurance i had, i pay double that now on gsi under my own name

will

Adam
12-01-04, 07:53 PM
Cheers for all your help,
i aren't goin to bother with the car, i am goin to save more money until about June time when i should have passed my test, and have around around ?1000, this should be enough for summit like a MK1 1.4Sr, or any 1.3SR that is already modded. Save me spending ridculus money on bodykits and alloys, i can then just add small mods, or work on the interior
Any left money will be towards insurance funding,
anyway cheers for all ur help

Nath
12-01-04, 10:24 PM
is the car still for sale??? pm me plz!!

Dicko
13-01-04, 07:05 PM
ye sounds cheap

and iv got a spare sri engine :D

Adam
13-01-04, 10:36 PM
Yeah, i think its still for sale
email me if anyone is interested, i will contact the owner