PDA

View Full Version : FAO anyone who has done a 2ltr 8v conversion...

Neil.
08-01-04, 01:04 AM
Im doing a 2ltr 8v conversion outa a cav SRi, very soon and was wondering if there are any tips on things i could buy for it to make it bit different or help it go smoothly, like things u can buy or anything you have found was easier then using the original cav stuff? money aint really that much of a problem.

nova198
08-01-04, 08:18 AM
hi mate i did the exact same conversion on my gte. put the engine in from underneth but u probably know this, then put the front gear box mount on 1st as this needs no modifing, then space the rear gear box mount and bolt it up. then u can put a jack under the engine and get it sitting straight so u can do the n/s mount. i made one from scratch out of 4mm angle iorn and it was fine. for the driveshafts u need inner cv joints which have 22 internal splines and 34 external splines off a mk2 1.6 cav. i got 2 re con ones for ?70.the rest really is just connecting hoses up and the wireing. if u struggle on the wireing pm me and i will tell u what wires go where.

Dicko
08-01-04, 08:24 PM
same as a 2l 16v

www.valvers.com

m.d.
11-01-04, 12:52 PM
the nova gear linkage and rear mount fits the cav box with some spacers and you can use the front mount from the cavy but will have to ovalise the holes in it to drop the cambelt side of the engine down a little. i used a few washers on the top of the mount to drop it a little more too.

Mark
11-01-04, 01:32 PM
Do you need shafts and hubs Neil, if so, are these (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2453205274&category=43120) any good... :D