PDA

View Full Version : Some Nova XE Probs...

Will F
07-01-04, 03:52 PM
Right you lot, I would like some input on a 'few' probs I am having with a valver Nova I bought a few weeks ago.
I bought it as a bit of fun really and got it for a barg.

Right...
1) It 'idles' on about 1500 rpm all the time and takes no time (in traffic) to get hot!
(Suspected sensor problem?? no connected etc)

2) It has a new clutch, but is slipping like a bitch when you boot it. Having looked underneath it seems to be leaking motor oil, so I guess the seal has gone, leaking motor oil into the box??

3) The front springs are bottomed out, as I suspect that they are normal Nova lowering springs, and the Allessio 2's rub when cornering!!
(recommendations on alt springs??)

4)Seems to run a bit hot (halfway on guage) all the time, but takes ages for the heaters to get hot.
(Thermostat??)

Cheers for reading and your help in advance!

Will

Snowface
07-01-04, 07:25 PM
Heta problems might be where the previous owner didn't uprate the radiator, especially if it used to be a 1.2/1.3.

I think if its a GSI/GTE rad then it should run fairly well heat wise.

Austin_Nova16
09-01-04, 02:20 PM
sounds to me like your mainshaft oil seal in the g/box has gone, as this happened to mine.

the early 1.2 and 1.3 rads were the same as GTE ones, so this may not be the probnlem here. Check the thermostat, as it may not be opening fully, and check the fan switch.

check fault codes for ideling problem.

Dicko
09-01-04, 04:45 PM
1) idle control valve
2) inner crank seal leaking oil onto clutch
3) needs higher poundage springs
4) sounds like water isnt flowing corectly, get a diagram and check hoses for kinks/blockages

Aragorn
09-01-04, 08:47 PM
the heater is always in the loop regardless of the thermostat position

the thermo sticking open would make it take a good while to warm up and a while to get hot air into the cabin

sticking shut would give hot air fast and it would then overheat

your getting hot and crap heating performance which would suggest its either stuck half way or theres an airlock/blockage somewhere - try dropping the cooling and flushing the system :)