PDA

View Full Version : dilemma (insurance renewal, 16V conv.)

novashed
07-01-04, 12:49 AM
im in a bit of a dilemma as to what to do about my 16V conversion.
im gathering the neccacary to do the conversion soon. my insurance is up for renewal in june and my MOT is up in may. shall I

A- when Mot expires do the conversion then get it mot'd wait for renewal and get it covered

B- be safer and get Mot, then renewal and then get a quote to see how much the increase will be

bearing in mind ive had two convictions last year only resulting in 3 points but two fines (insufficient tire tread and driving without accordance to the law(number plate in windscreen))

also have 3yrs NCB in my favour and will be 21 in feb

sorry for all the q's need some advice from you chaps

Will
07-01-04, 09:52 AM
what is your current engine and premium you pay?

the 6 points wont go down that well, i wasnt aware you could get 3 points for a numberplate offence, i always thought it was just a ?30 fine?!?

ring the insurance about the conversion after you turn 21 and look to do it come renewnal time, the mot wont effect anything as long as the conversion is done correctly........

insurance is the key......... give them a call / shop around cause when your due to renew you will have 3 yrs ncb? so los of ppl will be interested in your business....

Phil GTE
07-01-04, 12:25 PM
bearing in mind ive had two convictions last year only resulting in 3 points but two fines (insufficient tire tread and driving without accordance to the law(number plate in windscreen))

He only has 3 points. I assume you were fined for the numberplate? If so, I dont think you have to tell.

Go for option B mate.

novashed
07-01-04, 01:04 PM
they were both coded offences on my counterpart, ive already told my insureers about them, wont affect me til next year.

car atmo is 1.4 engine. loads a mods
http://www.novaload.net/features/viewfeature.php?ref=1254

all announced to my insurer, i think im too honest for my own nature.
so in affect ive only got 3 points really but i gues they wont see it like that??

my policy at present is around ?700-800 TPFT, thats with all the mods announced which is a fair list

dan_mk1
07-01-04, 01:19 PM
you got 3 points for having your numberplate in the window??
how can they do that?!?

Will
07-01-04, 01:23 PM
no he got that for a bald tyre ;) which you can get 3 points for, so watch that tread limit lads! (1.6mm for those that dont know) if you take for mot and your 2mm or less they will advise, cause you are going to need new tyres b4 the next mot i think!!

dan_mk1
07-01-04, 01:28 PM
PHEW! i thought i would have to pull me finger out and make that number plate mount for a sec! :? :lol:

elsey197
07-01-04, 02:07 PM
PHEW! i thought i would have to pull me finger out and make that number plate mount for a sec! :? :lol:

think you should pull your finger out dan :D how longs it been in the window?

dan_mk1
07-01-04, 02:26 PM
dunno! maybe 2 months?? its too cold to do it! (thats my excuse anyway!)
ill make it one of new years resolutions! :lol:

Dicko
07-01-04, 03:15 PM
local traffic police told us you only need a front plate to pass your MOT, you could remove it once you get out the MOT station. hmmm ill have to check up on that again then, unless u didnt have a rear plate on.

Give HIC a call, my mates 21, got no points but 3 crashes in last 4 years, hes paying ?540 tfpt on a 2l 16v corsa

novashed
07-01-04, 11:04 PM
cheers dicko will try them

so watch out lads, im usually quite good with all things concerning the law, i had new tires to put on ready but hadn't got round to it, the number plate was ok for the time being in the windscrenn( was there becasue bumper was being repaired) they said but the VALID tax disc was obscuring some of it. they were being very petty that day, they did say they were not usually on patrol in northamtpon, just my luck gettin them then

Will
08-01-04, 10:28 AM
ive regularly driven to northampton with one of the following:

1. small little plate on front (nothing in screen)

2. white rear plate

3. both the above

4. no front plates

5. no plates

lmfao, those were the days.

total fines: ?0 total offences commited? god knows :lol: :lol:

Dpnova
08-01-04, 10:32 AM
uve got an inocent face will, if you had a burbery cap and a hoodie on it would be different :lol:

dan_mk1
08-01-04, 10:35 AM
iv been pulled over 3 times just for the numberplate in the window!
i just tell them im getting a recess cut into the bumper tommorrow, they check tax, tyres, insurance and be on there way! :D

Will
08-01-04, 10:54 AM
then the same coppers pull you a week later and no recess :P lmfao

innocent face? yer ook!