PDA

View Full Version : My Insurance Company

Mel
06-01-04, 08:39 PM
I insured my nova in August time, with the quote amountin to roughly 580..with it bein lowered, havin 15" alloys on and a back box on..

I just had personal injury claim money come through..so i thought it was time to treat my car..i got a cobra alarm, and some other stuff for it. Rang up insurance company and told them of the changes:

"hi, yes, i have a car policy with you, and i was just tellin you of some changes made to my car"

"yep sure, what's different?"

"well, i dont have the alloys on..theres standard vaux steelies on there now.."

"oh..well..they dont make any difference to your premium"

"er..what? i thought that my quote was including them, cause u charged me extra for it"

"nope"

"ok then. i have just recently had a thatcham 1 alarm fitted"

"ok, but that doesnt make any difference cause ur car's NOT A HIGH RISK CAR"

erm, what? its a nova ffs lol does this sound stupid to anyone else, or is it just me? :lol:

Ian_Gsi16v
06-01-04, 09:01 PM
A nova is not a high risk car, its worth a few hundred pound to the insurance company if that

They will just pay out.

General Baxter
06-01-04, 09:10 PM
hopefully you dont have one but:

phone them up and see if it will change if you put a 2.0turbo in it. worth a try :D

Mel
06-01-04, 09:16 PM
A nova is not a high risk car, its worth a few hundred pound to the insurance company if that

They will just pay out.

LOL..u obviously dont live where i do :wink: round here, its at high risk..

srs1
06-01-04, 09:20 PM
my insurance went up ?60 for the alloys as they would be what a theive would steal. as for the alarm, my car is a high risk one (according to them) being a gte and they would not insure me unless it had a cat 1 alarm.
when i phoned up about my gf's they said it would make no difference if it had an alarm (with the same company)

Mel
06-01-04, 09:25 PM
yeah, they did charge me extra for the alloys, cause i made sure the quote was for them..but they claim that its not affected..so i could have 17's on there, and it wouldnt affect the premium?..hmm :?

thats a load of bull srs1..surely it shouldnt matter..thats what im confused and annoyed about.. bloody insurance companies..

srs1
06-01-04, 09:29 PM
which bit mel?

as i said thats what my insurance company said to me, i was even quoted cheaper to have a 1.8 bmw then the gte.

Mel
06-01-04, 09:34 PM
um..the bit about ur gf's car..i just think its stupid..

srs1
06-01-04, 09:42 PM
it is a wierd one.
i drive a gte, she has 1.4 corsa. she had her 1.2 corsa (l reg and the bottom of the range one) stolen. she then got a 1.4 p reg one with loads of extra's and pays less for it. so get your head around that one.
older and less desired after car, pay loads on insurance
newer and more powerful with extra toys, pay less.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :?

Mel
06-01-04, 09:45 PM
:o

thas pathetic..

No wonder ppl hate insurance companies so much :?

bfuller
06-01-04, 09:45 PM
Ian_Gsi16v wrote:

They will just pay out.

LOL..u obviously dont live where i do round here, its at high risk..

Its not high risk in the context that your insurance company probably doesnt give 2 squirts about your car, because it will cost them pocket money to pay you off if it gets nicked.

Mel
06-01-04, 09:50 PM
true...i get what you mean there..

but i still think its bull..cause they could still cause thousands of pounds damage with my stolen car as they would with a more "high risk" car..so surely if im gunna save them money (even if it is pocket money) in the long run by people NOT being able to take my car, surely i should be slightly compensated for this? :?

i dunno :roll:

bfuller
06-01-04, 09:53 PM
there not responsible for your car if your not driving :!:

Will
06-01-04, 10:45 PM
correct, so they wud simply pay out the theft aspect of the policy..... where abts in northants to you live mel, my GF lives there and i wud not conisder it high risk, she lives in ablington and i park there no problem in my gsi..............

insurance companys are rubbbish

the cat 1 certificate on alarms from a novas point of view isnt worth the papper its written on, what is worth while is the peace of mind you get knowing the theive prob wont choose your car.

Will

by the way what happened the the 15s?

srs1
06-01-04, 10:48 PM

who is that aimed at?

Mel
06-01-04, 10:50 PM
correct, so they wud simply pay out the theft aspect of the policy..... where abts in northants to you live mel, my GF lives there and i wud not conisder it high risk, she lives in ablington and i park there no problem in my gsi..............

insurance companys are rubbbish

the cat 1 certificate on alarms from a novas point of view isnt worth the papper its written on, what is worth while is the peace of mind you get knowing the theive prob wont choose your car.

Will

I live in corby..in one of the roughest areas..if theres something they want, they will have it..

um..the 15's were rubbing..and as i got them 2nd hand anyway, the tyres weren't 100%..so..being bold meant taking um off, as i havent got any more money to buy new rubbers lol..

Will
06-01-04, 10:51 PM
mel said she didnt have the 15s on there nemore....... i was mentioning things abt location in the post........ wasnt it obvious? lol

dikharvey
06-01-04, 10:57 PM
mel said she didnt have the 15s on there nemore....... i was mentioning things abt location in the post........ wasnt it obvious? lol

yes! :wink:

srs1
06-01-04, 11:28 PM
opps sorry will. it just seemed a bit of a random question at the end of it. thats all.

can i have my head back now please!

Will
07-01-04, 09:57 AM
yup here yo go *passes head over*

GTE-RACER
08-01-04, 05:39 PM
Mel ya with TESCO aint ya?? Well when ya insurance runs out change companys fast, they have to be the worst insurance company i have ever used....

Mel
08-01-04, 10:38 PM
lol, no im not with tesco anymore..that policy ran out in august..hence why i changed..im with a company called A+ insurance (found it in the back of TV once) and went with them cause they were cheaper..

i found tesco alright actually.. their renewal policy was dear anyway lol

Dpnova
08-01-04, 11:13 PM
IM with tesco, but my insurance is due end of jan so im thinking of going a new one, maybe LV. What are LV like for mods

Neil.
09-01-04, 12:59 AM
you should count yourslef lucky, ive just got a renewal quote with only 57.5% NCB, not full yrs i should have :evil:

Ben3042
09-01-04, 01:10 AM
Im 17 and its going to cost me ?1600 to insure my 1.2 merit, that was without declaring the mods! god knows what its going to be once ive declared them all, oh and that was tpft and with the car kept in a garage overnight :oops:

Beat that :lol:

Neil.
09-01-04, 01:56 AM
what insurance company is that with?

Mark
09-01-04, 06:46 AM
you should count yourslef lucky, ive just got a renewal quote with only 57.5% NCB, not full yrs i should have :evil:

How did you manage that Neil?

a2lt16v
09-01-04, 10:41 AM
my insurance comes down the more mods you do 800 fully comp with2 litre 16v

Will
09-01-04, 12:50 PM

you do talk out of your backside at the best of times......

your first yr had an accident and you didnt go thru with the full years insruance and cancelled so you joined LV

when you join LV they give you 50% intorductory discount, which in effect is 2 years no claims, thats the insentive to join them and how they make it cheaperm or attempt to....... so renewnal will be 57.7% or wotever cause they are nice, they cud just stick it to 35% easily as thats a year...............

full ncb, it 65% and you gain that after hard graft of 4/5 yrs NCB which i might ad you can only gain at 21/22 at the best.

Neil your 19, the most NCB you cud possibly declare is 2 yrs or 3 if you turn 20 soon and past your test on your 17th bday

full ncb, ffs, moaning coont.

i have 2 yrs, 3 in a may, ive paid for 3 full policys to get that AND I HAVENT CLAIMED :p

a2lt16v
09-01-04, 12:59 PM
SOME COMPANIES LET YOU CARRY MOPED NO CLAIMS OVER ONLY A FEW THO

Dpnova
09-01-04, 01:00 PM
:o what companys are they, ive got ped no claims

Will
09-01-04, 01:15 PM
lmfao

ped at 16, 1 yrs ncb

car or ped or wotever at 17 and 18, 2 yrs

1+2 = 3, currently aged 19

Max ncb: = 3 yrs @ 55%

BEGIN

IF
NCB >=4;
THEN
Max NCB;
ELSE
Fuck off;
End;
End.

Mel
09-01-04, 09:55 PM
Im 17 and its going to cost me ?1600 to insure my 1.2 merit, that was without declaring the mods! god knows what its going to be once ive declared them all, oh and that was tpft and with the car kept in a garage overnight :oops:

Beat that :lol:

:o 1600? wow..it cost me 825 for a 1.1 festa, then when i bought the 1.2i nova, 75 quid more at 17....that was without mods, tpft, me as only driver, and it wasnt in a garage :?

a2lt16v: which insurance company are you with? and how come ur policy comes down with every mod? :?

Neil.
10-01-04, 02:40 AM
will, i didnt know thats how it works, i thought it was 100% is one years, didnt know it works like that, well im insured on a 2ltr for ?573 now so im happy! and im 20! how u rememeber about my first year anyway?