PDA

View Full Version : C20xe into a 1.0 shell?

Zak16v
06-01-04, 07:02 PM
Hey, im getting my redtop at the weekend and i am bieng given a totally mint nova with 40000 miles on the clock, 1 owner for nothing.

The thing is, i think it may be a 1.0, and i read on valvers that the engine mounts are diffrent, will the xe not be compatible with the shell?

Cheers!

2litreturbo
06-01-04, 08:51 PM
the engine mounts in all novas are the same. The xe will still go in the 1.0 shell just the same as it does in any othe nova. But you will need to buy the 2.0 mounts (which you also need for every nova conversion).

look at pvd.net for the parts.

srs1
06-01-04, 09:38 PM
i always thought that a 2lt engine would not fit. thought you had to lower the rear engine mount about 1.5 inches. also seem welding and a hh strengthening kit recomended.
no doubtly i will be either wrong or right (well theres no third option available). several people on here will say, ste_nova is a bit of whiz with these questions.

2litreturbo
06-01-04, 11:59 PM
i will definately fit trust me. my purple nova was a one litre and i didn't have to touch the rear mount. Just bought a 2.0 conversion mount set.

The hh kit is overdoing it a bit in my opionion. Only really for rally cars.

Also dont seam weld, stitch weld. This is the same as seam welding but every two inches of seam, you leave one inch out. This way, if a seam starts to split, it stops when in hits the end of a weld. So you notice it before you find a crack bigger than you would at kings cross on a saturday night!