PDA

View Full Version : TAS Engine mounts

Adam Moran
05-01-04, 11:32 PM
I've just ordered my new set of engine mounts from TAS ?106 inc vat and del.

They have 10% off at the moment if anyones intrested?

Tel No. 01772 454647

Ad

Dicko
06-01-04, 12:05 AM
thyev gone bust havent they?

Jim
06-01-04, 12:12 AM
thyev gone bust havent they?

Thats what I thought? Or they've been bought out?

Jim

Adam Moran
06-01-04, 08:13 AM
They have been bought out.

Ad

Fletcher
06-01-04, 11:16 AM
do they have a web site?

NWR161282
06-01-04, 11:36 AM
www.tas.uk.com

NovaNeil
06-01-04, 12:17 PM
My Mate has been waiting over 2 months for some Engine mounts...... and they still haven't come :o

krobinson
06-01-04, 04:07 PM
Jesus, thats shocking :o

I'll be ordering engine mounts in the future. Anyone recomend a good place to get em?

Keith

Jim
06-01-04, 04:32 PM
Jesus, thats shocking :o

I'll be ordering engine mounts in the future. Anyone recomend a good place to get em?

Keith

I ordered some from Protec 01772 620532 They should be here some time next week. Trouble is, I ordered them before Christmas, but they now use a different manufacturer to make the mounts, apparently the quality wasn't up to scratch so they are getting some more made up, hence the delay. I can afford to wait a little longer as my car is still off the road, but if you need them urgently, it might be worth looking elsewhere.

Jim

Slatter
06-01-04, 05:58 PM
right im thinking of putting some of these on my valver because the engine moves way too much.... but then i might make them myself heres the pic from tas http://www.tas.uk.com/Nova__Corsa/images/engine-mounts_large.jpg

They dont look too hard to make .... but im still wondering how they are supposed to attach to engine ?>??????

Anyone got any pics of them all attached and workin g??

Slatter

Adam Moran
06-01-04, 06:03 PM
hum..... not seen that pic before.

When i rang TAS i said "do you get the whole mount? that attachs to the engine bay and the engine" and the lad said "yes you do sir"

so.......... it will be intresting to see what turns up .

Ad

Mark
06-01-04, 06:19 PM
The mounts in the picture are exactly what I recieved when I purchased a set for the rally car, direct replacement and work well. :D

Slatter
06-01-04, 06:26 PM
well like i said ... they dont directly bolt to engine or gearbox and to me they dont look like they would bolt onto the brackets ......

Novaaj ... when do you think you will be recieving yours because i will wait until you do b4 i think about ordering mine .... i might just make some because the bushes look alot like the ones we used on out off road race and i can just make the brackets

Adam Moran
06-01-04, 06:38 PM
He said they should be with me by the end on next week, as soon as i get them i'll let you know.

Ad

andybishop
06-01-04, 06:58 PM
The tas mounts only replace the original rubber mounts, the mounts that bolt to the engine stay the same, although the drivers side mount will now only use one bolt instead of two.

NovaNeil
06-01-04, 07:27 PM
I run them in my car, I like them a lot but some would say they are too hard. They vibrate the car quite a bit on idle, but I think that adds to the effect and makes it feel more like a rally car.

Adam let me know if you receive them soon, cause my mate (padge, you know him) is going to go mental at them cause he's rung 4 times aready and is still waiting! :evil:

Slatter
06-01-04, 07:37 PM
im gonna make my own now ... we made em for our 4x4 racer so it should be easy enough ..... cut and weld till they fit :twisted:

smooth16v
06-01-04, 07:43 PM
i brought a set of these for my valver, and i never bothered fitting them cos the drivers side only had one bolt hole and the front gear box mount wouldnt line up properly and it sat weird in the bracket and it put the engine on the wonk!! but the back was fine!! but as i said i never fitted them so if anyone wants em let me know!! and i also tried ordering some tie bar brackets from TAS but no show for about 3 months i kept on ringing but they kept fobbing me off!! then i heard they had gone bust!!
:D

padge
07-01-04, 12:24 PM
That sounds just like me, i ordered the mounts bout 3-4 months ago and they kept fobbing me off, saying they werent in stock or had to be re-machined, if they have gone bust then that would explain it though

Rick Draper
07-01-04, 01:25 PM
I got some ages ago, they are very good and hold the engine far better under acceleration. Rick

Dicko
07-01-04, 03:10 PM
ill be getting some when iv got a new job :P

Ojc
09-01-04, 02:57 PM
Do they sell standard up-rated engine mounts?

NovaNeil
09-01-04, 03:12 PM
No, don't think so. Have a look on there website

Ojc
09-01-04, 03:43 PM
Have done mate.

Really annoying that they don't have price listings on there.

Jim
09-01-04, 05:43 PM
Aren't those of you that are planning on buying parts from TAS (or whatever there new name is) a little concerned with the number of people who have commented that they haven't recieved stock from them? Personnaly I'd hold off until TAS sort themselves out before I order from them. I may be way off with TAS's situation, so if anyone has any more information on please let us all know.

Jim

Bilbo ballbaggins
09-01-04, 06:26 PM
is the mount with 1 bolt gona be strong enough?? does the single bolt go into the chassis or the mount side??