PDA

View Full Version : Ordered my novas new lung

Rick Draper
05-01-04, 10:51 PM
Just ordered my novas new turbo from the USA, garrett GT30 spec ball bearing core, polished compressor housing, TiAL external wastegate and potential for a max bhp of 520. Shud make the fucker move quite fast :lol: :lol:

O and i have booked it in at my local bodyshop to have all the arches finished off and the filler cap moved so i need to have it built by march at the latest. Rick

peester
05-01-04, 10:54 PM
christ ball bearing??! don't know what that means but i know thats dear stuff. only bosses of tuning companies have ball bearings in their turbos. youre the nuttiest nutter from nutville mate. you pimp daddy you. :D

Rick Draper
05-01-04, 11:04 PM
lol its actually very cheap, the whole setup ios costing less than one of the top spec kkk26 hybreds over here and this will produce a shitload more performance :lol: :lol: Rick

peester
05-01-04, 11:10 PM
in a nut shell what is this ball bearing lark?? a re-inforced part of the turbo or what?

Rick Draper
05-01-04, 11:20 PM
A bb turbo runs on ball races instead of requiring oil pressure to float the turbine shaft cuasing friction and lag. This means you can have a larger impellor and it will spool as fast as a smaller one and then go on to be able to flow more air so its a win win situation. Apparently this one shud spin in the breeze so its very free in comparison to a none bb turbo. Thats my understanding of it anyway. Rick

?Marty?
06-01-04, 02:19 AM
It should thus fly like it's, erm, propelled from a BB gun! lol

Phil GTE
06-01-04, 11:48 AM
Ric, could you post the web address of the company your using? Thanks.

NovaNeil
06-01-04, 12:27 PM
What company did you order it off Rick? Have they got a web address? Sounds Top! Does it come with manifold or will you have to fabricate one?

Rick Draper
06-01-04, 12:30 PM
Ric, could you post the web address of the company your using? Thanks.

Hi i am using Forced Performance www.forcedperformance.net/default.aspx But i did a lot of research into what turbo was suitable on www.DSMtuners.com The reason for me buying from forced performance is my manifold has a different flange on to a normal garrett one, its the same flange as mitsys have on. www.cheapturbos.com have standard garrett flanged turbos of all specs for sale and they are cheap as well.

Here is a pic of my new turbo from some guys who got one off forced performance, cannot wait till it arrives!

http://people.clemson.edu/~jamesj/Pictures/FP3052/images/i.jpg

http://people.clemson.edu/~jamesj/Pictures/FP3052/images/f.jpg

As you can see its a bit of a beast! Rick

elsey197
06-01-04, 12:39 PM
have you still got room for that monster under your bonnet mate?

Rick Draper
06-01-04, 12:46 PM
have you still got room for that monster under your bonnet mate?

Yep i have made room :lol: :lol: :lol: Rick

Chris_W
06-01-04, 01:00 PM
Decided not to go Ceramic then? tut tut
Also, I hope you've got some 'contacts' for bringing it into the country, or your going to get one hell of a customs charge! Well be fun watching you fit it, as I still reckon your going to have to get that flange cut and turned on your manifold.

Chris

PS. Anyone else interested in high spec turbo, I might be able to get some Turbonetics turbos cheap, PM me and I'll see what I can do, need to get someone out there to give Rick some competition!!!

Dare-devil
06-01-04, 01:53 PM
That turbo is f*cking awesome.. Your Nova is gona be a BEAST :twisted:

Rick Draper
06-01-04, 02:45 PM
Also, I hope you've got some 'contacts' for bringing it into the country, or your going to get one hell of a customs charge! Well be fun watching you fit it, as I still reckon your going to have to get that flange cut and turned on your manifold.

Chris

Dont be such a worrier its only worth $300 :lol:

I ordered a spare flange and other bits to make it fit :lol:

Shud arrive some time next week all going to plan. Rick

Rick Draper
06-01-04, 03:33 PM
Well its all gone fucking tits up now, ordered it, the money was flagged from my account, just rang them to confirm they can ship outside the USA and the guy has told me they cannot accept credit card transactions from outside the USA :cry: . Going to now either go over there and collect it or paypal the money to my mate in the states and he can order it and ship it to me. Rick

dan_mk1
06-01-04, 11:44 PM
Going to now either go over there and collect it

Rick, mate, your one crazy ass bitch! talk about dedication! :lol:

Rick Draper
07-01-04, 12:01 AM
Going to now either go over there and collect it

Rick, mate, your one crazy ass bitch! talk about dedication! :lol:

I work for BA so a flight, there and back in Club world or first is probably less than shipping :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Rick

dan_mk1
07-01-04, 12:18 AM
lol, alright not so crazy now, more just fucking jammy! :lol: