PDA

View Full Version : c20xe clutch / gear linkage prob

LiD0N
05-01-04, 07:53 PM
ok i got the c20xe in the nova and runnin everything is done accept prob with the linkage/clutch.When i took the lump/box from the cav it had a slight prob with the clutch(it felt like it was only lifting up half way making gear changes hard and impossible to put into 1st gear when running) this ment u had to start the engine with it in 1st i thought that if i tightened the clutch cable it would solve the prob - but it hasnt. Any ideas wot the prob is? i cant even get the gears to work like they did in the cav wherever i put the selector and try and pull away it feels like im tryin to pull away in 4th.. Any ideas help please?

brian
05-01-04, 11:28 PM
can you select the gears manually on the selector on top of the box?

LiD0N
06-01-04, 12:10 AM
no i cant i tryed that already whereever i put the selector it feels like 4th gear!!

LiD0N
06-01-04, 01:24 AM
also when i put it into neutral on the selector and let the clutch up it stalls

mikeoxford
06-01-04, 01:39 AM
your linkage aint set right then it cant be - if it stalls when u lift up it must be in gear surely? when u think its in neutral?

LiD0N
06-01-04, 01:47 AM
thats with the linkage not connected just moving the selector by hand - im guessing that neutral on the selector is in the middle where it moves left to right but with it in that it still stalls... i removed the gearbox from the engine before i installed it - just bolted them back together (is it that simple?)woould this have caused a problem?