PDA

View Full Version : Rear Headrests Conversion

krobinson
05-01-04, 02:57 PM
I've owned 5 nova's, but this is the first to have the split rear seat, so i can now do a rear headrest conversion.

All i need is the part numbers for the guides for the headrests to slot into? Even the car there from would be a help?

cheers

Keith

Ste_Nova
05-01-04, 02:59 PM
rear guides from belmont

but as a temp measure just slam them through the fabric

krobinson
05-01-04, 03:08 PM
how do i know exactly where to slam them through?

This is wierd, one of the early mod's and i've never done it..lol

krobinson
05-01-04, 03:12 PM
Anyone got the part number handy? finding it hard to find on EPC

Cheers

Keith

Will
05-01-04, 03:39 PM
U used to able to get rear headrest guides for a nova from vaux, you will need 4 of course, feel the tops of the seats and push, u will feel where the premade holes are, mark with pencil and cut the hole carefully, tuck the fabric back into the hole add the guides and then the headrests, ill have a lookf or the part number now...............

Headrest Guides: part number 90257714 from Vauxhall. You will need to order 4 of these at ?1.86 each.

there we go

if vaux dont do them neway try belmont ones as ste said!

be careful keith i know you have nice seats so dont rush it when u do it

Will

krobinson
05-01-04, 03:44 PM
Cheers will.. off for a trip to my local crazy prices vaux :D

P.S. Not doing this to my leather ones, as the rear seat is from a sting, which is solid and doesnt have the ability to have rear headrests. Doing it to a GSI interior i got and fitted to my lil runabout!

Cheers

Keith

Ste_Nova
05-01-04, 04:04 PM
i just wacked mine through then pushed the guides in

http://uploader.co.uk/images/headrest.jpg

Will
05-01-04, 04:10 PM
arhhhhhhh ye olde stinge, sr interior mk1 with single solid rear bench, one of a kind, i miss my sting, RIP

lol

mikeoxford
05-01-04, 08:17 PM
ther is a guide if you need it........

www.nova-land.com > how to guides > interior > rear head restraints

fo0q
05-01-04, 10:04 PM
what about black sleeves if you wanna be using them on a GSI cos the grey ones might look a tad crap.

mikeoxford
06-01-04, 01:38 AM
what about black sleeves if you wanna be using them on a GSI cos the grey ones might look a tad crap.

spray em :P

Ste_Nova
06-01-04, 12:09 PM
black belmont ones are nls... so you have to paint them

Freak
06-01-04, 03:45 PM
For dark rear ones you use the FRONT headrest sleeves from cav mk3 NON sports seats, as they are now NLS from vaux.....just means you have to do some slicing in the scrappy to get them