PDA

View Full Version : Evening Course in Welding....

Will
05-01-04, 10:28 AM
Been looking around the internet for a sort of course local to me covering basics of various types of welding, but seems limited as to whats avaliable which seems a shame.

Anyone know of any courses or similar as its a skill i really want to learn at some point :D

Will

locky
05-01-04, 05:19 PM
Teach yourself! 8)
they do a welding course in the college near me, covering all types of welding, not sure if it was p/t or f/t!

Euan
05-01-04, 05:21 PM
i'm also looking for this, got a mig welder for xmas so wanna be able to use it properly.

benji
06-01-04, 10:36 PM
i looked into this and the only ones i found were in the day

Stanton
06-01-04, 10:46 PM
get the haynes or sililar book and a load of scrap metal (or ure nova :o )

each ure self and xperement, make a workbench or summat to start off with. or a trolly for the welder

Slatter
06-01-04, 11:07 PM
Will .... come to my workshop and ill teach you to MIG and ARC weld ... ive been taught well .. !!! can weld nearly anything ... not ali though lol

But i can weld exhausts and holes in them with arc welders :lol: which anyone who knows about arc welding will know is hard becaus so thin lol

Dave
09-01-04, 08:14 PM
or a trolly for the welder
tesco's shopping trollies were invented for that perfect if you cut a hole for the bottle to go thtough an slap a false floor in it :lol:
someone you know must know how to do it get them to teach you. that's what i did, some colleges do night courses in welding but not sure of any in your area

Bilbo ballbaggins
09-01-04, 08:50 PM
the place i got my welder from showed me how to use it, a few techniques n stuff. the rest i learned on my own. mig welding is really easy!!!

Ste_Nova
09-01-04, 09:56 PM
i taught myself how to mig... fixed this after work tonight

http://uploader.co.uk/images/arch.jpg

krobinson
09-01-04, 11:37 PM
How much are we talking for a decent mig welder?

Keith

locky
09-01-04, 11:41 PM
bout 150-300

the more the price, the better the quality!
I had for christmas a draper welder! welds uip to 5mm steel! with a high amperage, so it gives good penetration!
For a small welder, its awsome, only built it up today coz the one i had on christmas day was broke!
Try looking in machine mart! they have good prices!

CP
10-01-04, 09:29 PM
Going on a course is liable to be expensive and may cover a whole lot more than you need assuming you are just looking at DIY repairs at home and on motors etc. Really unless you are planning doing it as a job I wouldnt bother cos what you actually need to do to get good at it is lots of practise

For most common applications MIG welding is suffice. Its relatively easy and the gear is not too expensive. You will prolly be best off getting someone to show you the ropes :wink: *thinks hmm now who do you know with a welder?* :lol:

CP's day release car welding course ?85/hr :lol: :lol: :lol:

Slatter
11-01-04, 12:47 AM
Ill do it for 50/hr ... and teach u to ARC weld :lol: :lol: