PDA

View Full Version : A Grand Day Out

mikeoxford
05-01-04, 12:30 AM
Just a quick note of thanks to all the parties involved really.

Friday January 2nd saw me headed into the middle of nowhere, to have my car ripped to pieces and use lots of fuel there and back

sounds miserable dont it!?

well...... middle of nowhere so be it, but i only took one wrong turn and a 25 minute detour! and it was easy peasy to find

car ripped to pieces? yep - but it all went back together again with no parts left over :lol: now sports a F13CR cluster - thankyou corsanova (mark) and a 4.18 FD thankyou aragorn - (Kev) new clutch and other bits and pieces tinkered with at same time

to top the day off, i went to a shell station, and FILLED my tank from petrol light empty - to full, 38 litres of optimax, in ?25 !

if i put ?30 in back here in brum it dont even fill the bugger!

leading me to my last point, thankyou CP (charles) for a good day out i throughouly enjoyed, the hospitality was cool, and my car is getting ever closer to completion :lol: yeah right LOL!

Mark
05-01-04, 12:34 AM
No probs mate.

mikeoxford
05-01-04, 12:36 AM
and just to prove a point bout twin 40s - yes you can get really cr@p fuel consumption BUT

i used barely a quater a tank of petrol doing a steady 70 MPH following lorries and such like on the MWAY, and doing about 70 miles, which would equate to 280 miles on a tank, which i dont think is bad considering

Jim
05-01-04, 07:44 AM
and just to prove a point bout twin 40s - yes you can get really cr@p fuel consumption BUT

i used barely a quater a tank of petrol doing a steady 70 MPH following lorries and such like on the MWAY, and doing about 70 miles, which would equate to 280 miles on a tank, which i dont think is bad considering

Yep, Fuel consumption with twin 40's isn't as bad as you might think. It's like any car, once you start to drive with a heavy right foot, the consumption will go down.

Jim

mikeoxford
05-01-04, 01:04 PM
would make it even better if i could fill my tank for ?25 round birmingham :lol:

Will
05-01-04, 03:00 PM
:o

Will thinks mike has seen it.......... you know what im talking abt, rof, was it much better with the new cluster and FD?

ade
05-01-04, 06:19 PM
so did you come up to scotland then (ref kev aka aragorn helping you)?

so is your car now running sweet?

8)

Barn
05-01-04, 08:22 PM
now sports a F13CR cluster - thankyou corsanova (mark) and a 4.18 FD thankyou aragorn - (Kev) new clutch and other bits and pieces tinkered with at same time
i bn using this site for a good while now and its the first time I've known that aragorn is Kev! :? :D lol

mikeoxford
05-01-04, 08:43 PM
will - yes i did spot it :wink: as for the gbox the new cluster and final drive completely and i mean that completely changed the way the car drives, its unbelieveable. you wouldnt know unless you experienced it though. it definitely is a change for the better - and i can still spin in the dry 1st 2nd third before i get traction :lol: i will be VERY intrested to see my times at the pod, and also my next RR readout. i might not be building an engine to beat all the others out there, cos im not in it to win, just be competeitive :twisted:

ade - hi ya mate long time no speak. kev posted it. car *touches wood* has been running very well lately, and is improving all the time i wont go over it again ^^^^ but the gbox is mint and aceleartion is stunning.

lol @ barney

Jim
05-01-04, 09:45 PM
Getting wheelspin in 1st, 2nd and 3rd is not what you want when trying to get quick times. Makes me laugh when people boast about wheelspin in high gears. The good driver will be able to deliever the power smoothly and not spin the wheels in the higher gears :)

Jim

mikeoxford
06-01-04, 12:09 AM
Getting wheelspin in 1st, 2nd and 3rd is not what you want when trying to get quick times. Makes me laugh when people boast about wheelspin in high gears. The good driver will be able to deliever the power smoothly and not spin the wheels in the higher gears :)

Jim

ah yes jim lad this may be the case! but the majority of people i frequent with who take an intrest in my car think its cool to "do donuts" and all this boy racery rubbish, of which i try to make them understand front wheel drive cars cant do donuts etc etc. LOL

its the centre of kev land where i live :roll:

so for me to say should have a sub 15 second quater of a mile car or 0-60 in x amount of seconds means nothing, the fact i can spin upto third makes them ejaculate

mikeoxford
06-01-04, 12:13 AM
their first question is usually - how fast does it go..... expecting me to say ive had it off the clock, or ive been caught doing 200 MPH LOL when i say because of the way i have geared my car and its built for aceleration and only does 95-100 without bits blowing up they roll their eyes and talk bowt sommat else!

Jim
06-01-04, 12:15 AM
its the centre of kev land where i live :roll:

so for me to say should have a sub 15 second quater of a mile car or 0-60 in x amount of seconds means nothing, the fact i can spin upto third makes them ejaculate

Ahhh, so thats how you impress Chris_T and Stugsi? ;)

Jim

mikeoxford
06-01-04, 12:18 AM
Ahhh, so thats how you impress Chris_T and Stugsi? ;)

Jim

:roll: theres always one LOL u nutter.